Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Tools for drawdown?

Discussions regarding financial software
Gilgongo
Lemon Slice

Tools for drawdown?

Postby Gilgongo » May 23rd, 2023, 8:31 am

I maintain my records of buys, sells and dividends in Google sheets like a lot of people do I think. Google is good enough (just!) at providing current prices, and scraping dividend yields and stuff is also possible. So that's been enough for me in managing my retirement holdings in accumulation in a way that makes sense to me.

But in draw-down things are a bit different. From time to time I've had a look at portfolio maintenance sites for this purpose, but found none. Recently I created an account on Sharesight to see if they had anything, but it's just for people wanting to geek out with benchmarking and charts as far as I can see. It has a sort of future income estimator for dividends which might be mildly useful I suppose, and some tax return useful bits perhaps.

Does anyone know of a service for those in drawdown? I'm thinking maybe something that helps you keep to your desired withdrawal rate, asset balance, suggests which assets might be better to draw down from, etc?

I suspect a lot of people just cobble it together like me. But I'm a little surprised that nobody's done something like Sharesight for pensioners.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”