Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Updated LibreOffice HYPTUSS available for test

Discussions regarding financial software
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Re: Updated LibreOffice HYPTUSS available for test

Postby Fluke » July 28th, 2023, 11:35 am

hyp_top-up_version-c-a-dev1 prices and yields now working for me, many thanks Kiloran. Although there is some peculiar data coming across particularly in the P/E column, lots of zeros, an example being AZN. Possibly discussed above, haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 28th, 2023, 12:54 pm

I;ve updated the test version to c-a-dev2.ods and published at https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... _page.html

The key changes are:
  1. Fixed ZCASH
  2. Fixed some exchange rate problems which prevented the Dividends sheet completing correctly
  3. Livecharts have changed their chart layout and this no longer works with HYPTUSS. I've deleted the Livecharts option so to the only source for charts is Trustnet. I think I can see a solution for Livecharts but I'll put this on the back burner for now and review it when the core HYPTUSS functionality is OK
  4. An invalid share produced a price of 123 which I just used for testing purposes. Invalid shares now report a blank price
If there are no serious problems reported, I'll hopefully publish the final clean-up version later this weekend

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 28th, 2023, 12:55 pm

Fluke wrote:hyp_top-up_version-c-a-dev1 prices and yields now working for me, many thanks Kiloran. Although there is some peculiar data coming across particularly in the P/E column, lots of zeros, an example being AZN. Possibly discussed above, haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread.

Thanks for the feedback, Fluke. It looks like the zero P/E is a Sharecast problem, HYPTUSS can only report the data as-is

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » July 29th, 2023, 10:40 am

kiloran wrote:I;ve updated the test version to c-a-dev2.ods and published at https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... _page.html

The key changes are:
  1. Fixed ZCASH
  2. Fixed some exchange rate problems which prevented the Dividends sheet completing correctly
  3. Livecharts have changed their chart layout and this no longer works with HYPTUSS. I've deleted the Livecharts option so to the only source for charts is Trustnet. I think I can see a solution for Livecharts but I'll put this on the back burner for now and review it when the core HYPTUSS functionality is OK
  4. An invalid share produced a price of 123 which I just used for testing purposes. Invalid shares now report a blank price
If there are no serious problems reported, I'll hopefully publish the final clean-up version later this weekend

--kiloran

Just tested dev2 with my portfolio, the main HYP sheet and the dividends all updated fine.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » July 30th, 2023, 3:36 pm

tried version b-z.
Get prices hangs the spreadsheet.

Running Linux Mint and Libre Office
Version: 6.4.7.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.7-0ubuntu0.20.04.8
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
Calc: threaded

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 30th, 2023, 3:41 pm

TUK020 wrote:tried version b-z.

Yes, version b-z hangs due to the Yahoo issues. That's why we created version c-a for user testing, which uses a different source for prices.
Have you tried version c-a?

--kiloran

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » July 30th, 2023, 5:35 pm

kiloran wrote:
TUK020 wrote:tried version b-z.

Yes, version b-z hangs due to the Yahoo issues. That's why we created version c-a for user testing, which uses a different source for prices.

--kiloran

Used c-a.
Works for price scrape, Yields, and charts.
Apart from failing to get yield for VMID & INXG (can't recall if the old version managed these) everything worked fine

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 30th, 2023, 6:10 pm

TUK020 wrote:
kiloran wrote:Yes, version b-z hangs due to the Yahoo issues. That's why we created version c-a for user testing, which uses a different source for prices.

--kiloran

Used c-a.
Works for price scrape, Yields, and charts.
Apart from failing to get yield for VMID & INXG (can't recall if the old version managed these) everything worked fine

Thanks for the feedback.

Sharecast don't provide yields for ETFs, so we're a wee bit scuppered on that front, with all versions of HYPTUSS.

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » August 1st, 2023, 9:34 am

Fluke wrote:
Just tested dev2 with my portfolio, the main HYP sheet and the dividends all updated fine.

I've just gone to refresh the current prices and the get price function is only picking up the prices for 2 shares and those are the 2 that I added to the first 2 rows of the company data sheet. As above, it worked fine a couple of days ago and it's the same version (c-a). Any ideas?

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » August 1st, 2023, 9:38 am

Fluke wrote:
Fluke wrote:

I've just gone to refresh the current prices and the get price function is only picking up the prices for 2 shares and those are the 2 that I added to the first 2 rows of the company data sheet. As above, it worked fine a couple of days ago and it's the same version (c-a). Any ideas?

Ah sorry, just spotted there's another c-a version, I'll try it again with that.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 1st, 2023, 9:40 am

Fluke wrote:
Fluke wrote:

Ah sorry, just spotted there's another c-a version, I'll try it again with that.

I just checked a dozen shares with the official version of c-a from https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html and it's working fine for me, Fluke

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » August 1st, 2023, 10:52 am

kiloran wrote:
Fluke wrote:

I just checked a dozen shares with the official version of c-a from https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html and it's working fine for me, Fluke

--kiloran

Okay, slight curiosity, I just loaded up the official c-a version with my portfolio and the same problem occurred, it stopped getting anymore prices after the first 2. I removed the blank line between my 2 and the first row on the company data list (3i Group) and that got rid of the problem. I've always had a blank line there, just as a visual reminder that they're my 2 added ones and it was never a problem.

Yields and dividends all updated normally too.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 1st, 2023, 10:58 am

Fluke wrote:
kiloran wrote:I just checked a dozen shares with the official version of c-a from https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html and it's working fine for me, Fluke

--kiloran

Okay, slight curiosity, I just loaded up the official c-a version with my portfolio and the same problem occurred, it stopped getting anymore prices after the first 2. I removed the blank line between my 2 and the first row on the company data list (3i Group) and that got rid of the problem. I've always had a blank line there, just as a visual reminder that they're my 2 added ones and it was never a problem.

Yields and dividends all updated normally too.

Ah, the blank row. Reported by Seagles yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=605918#p605918

I'll get it fixed in the next version, for the moment blank rows in the company data sheet cause a problem. Sorry!

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”