Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Gaier software

Discussions regarding financial software
genou
Lemon Quarter

Re: Gaier software

Postby genou » November 16th, 2023, 6:11 pm

ivahunch wrote:
These IDs are different from those shown by "Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID" but they do seem to work ok
So I wondered where you found these?

From the page linked. I selected "United Kingdom" as the exchange involved. The default is US, which will probably return a result, but for a different entity. Is that your issue?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 16th, 2023, 6:12 pm

ivahunch wrote:

AVI Global Trust PLC (AGT) ao6rvh
City of London Investment Trust PLC (CTY) ao7jqh

These IDs are different from those shown by "Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID" but they do seem to work ok

So I wondered where you found these?

Putting the AGT and CTY tickers into the 'Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID' search box brings back the relevant ID's as highlighted below, but it helps if you change the 'Country' field to United Kingdom -

Source - https://www.gaiersoftware.com/FinancialInstrumentSearch

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

ivahunch
2 Lemon pips

Postby ivahunch » November 16th, 2023, 6:23 pm

Putting the AGT and CTY tickers into the 'Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID' search box brings back the relevant ID's as highlighted below, but it helps if you change the 'Country' field to United Kingdom -

Ahh! I was using "Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID" instead of "Financial Instrument Search"

But I have now let the MSMoneyQuotes.exe v3.0 build its own "SymboMap.csv" which seems to find the IDs by itself
It now seems to work ok

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 16th, 2023, 6:41 pm

ivahunch wrote:
Ahh! I was using "Map a Financial Instrument to an Instrument ID" instead of "Financial Instrument Search"

But I have now let the MSMoneyQuotes.exe v3.0 build its own "SymboMap.csv" which seems to find the IDs by itself

It now seems to work ok

Just as a belt-and-braces option, and for awareness in case anyone else isn't, if you find the relevant stock on the MSN page then the correct 'Financial Instrument' code is embedded as part of the MSN stock-page URL, preceded by an 'fi-' string, as shown below for AVI Global Trust (AGT) -

Source - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/stockdetails/fi-ao6rvh?duration=1D

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”