Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Share Pand Fund Price Benchmarks

Discussions regarding financial software
TerryWood

Share Pand Fund Price Benchmarks

Postby TerryWood » March 3rd, 2024, 2:38 pm

Hi@ Lemon Fool

I have a number of Shares and Funds for which I have created charts with Kiloran's Hyptuss LibreOffice Calc version c-b.

I now want to extend the Charts by adding/overlaying Benchmark indices on each chart that represent the sector which the share/fund covers.

What I need to know is where to locate these Benchmark indices with historical data and what mechanism one uses to ensure that the index overlays the chart. The FT.com site shows these benchmarks overlaid but I cannot find where to retrieve them from.

I would be most appreciative of any help to finishing off my project.

Thanks

Terry

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Share Pand Fund Price Benchmarks

Postby ReformedCharacter » March 3rd, 2024, 4:34 pm

TerryWood wrote:Hi@ Lemon Fool

I have a number of Shares and Funds for which I have created charts with Kiloran's Hyptuss LibreOffice Calc version c-b.

I now want to extend the Charts by adding/overlaying Benchmark indices on each chart that represent the sector which the share/fund covers.

What I need to know is where to locate these Benchmark indices with historical data and what mechanism one uses to ensure that the index overlays the chart. The FT.com site shows these benchmarks overlaid but I cannot find where to retrieve them from.

I would be most appreciative of any help to finishing off my project.

Thanks

Terry

A quick search suggests that you'll have difficulty in obtaining benchmark indices without paying.

RC

uspaul666
2 Lemon pips

Re: Share Pand Fund Price Benchmarks

Postby uspaul666 » March 3rd, 2024, 5:53 pm

An alternative I use is to download historic data for L100 or VUKE which are FTSE 100 TR trackers with very low charges. Not perfect but a useful comparison.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”