Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS instructions?

Discussions regarding financial software
tea42
Lemon Slice

HYPTUSS instructions?

Postby tea42 » April 1st, 2017, 12:54 pm

I have installed Open Office and downloaded a copy of the HYPTUSS spreadsheet. Pressing any of the buttons doesn't result in anything happening including the instructions button. Do I have to install something else? I am running a PC with Windows 7.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS instructions?

Postby kiloran » April 1st, 2017, 1:04 pm

tea42 wrote:I have installed Open Office and downloaded a copy of the HYPTUSS spreadsheet. Pressing any of the buttons doesn't result in anything happening including the instructions button. Do I have to install something else? I am running a PC with Windows 7.

I suspect you have Macros disabled (I think that's the OpenOffice default)

TOOLS/OPTIONS/OPENOFFICE/SECURITY/MACRO SECURITY

Set it to MEDIUM
then restart OpenOffice

When you open the HYPTUSS, you should be prompted to enable or disable macros

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » April 1st, 2017, 2:36 pm

Wow! - to all involved creating this awesome HYP tool

Thank you

tea42

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » June 9th, 2017, 7:56 am

Hi there,

I have downloaded the excel spreadsheet and opened it ok. However, it does not allow me to do anything regarding completing the columns with my HYP details. I clicked on the "instructions" button but it does not give me anything. I guess I'm in the same position as "tea42" was. I just wanted to know if I need to follow the same instructions he/she was given. If I do, do I need to close everything and where do I access the "Tools" option. Apologies for the "numpty" questions.

Many thanks in advance,

Brendan

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » June 9th, 2017, 8:29 am

bjmarren wrote:Hi there,

I have downloaded the excel spreadsheet and opened it ok. However, it does not allow me to do anything regarding completing the columns with my HYP details. I clicked on the "instructions" button but it does not give me anything. I guess I'm in the same position as "tea42" was. I just wanted to know if I need to follow the same instructions he/she was given. If I do, do I need to close everything and where do I access the "Tools" option. Apologies for the "numpty" questions.

Many thanks in advance,

Brendan

Click on Add Shares and pick the shares you own plus how many. If you do not have BP, select Delete Shares and remove it. Then click Get Prices, when that is finished click Get Digital Forecasts. There you have it in a nutshell.....

Raptor.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 9th, 2017, 8:37 am

bjmarren wrote:Hi there,

Many thanks in advance,

Brendan

Sounds like you don't have macros enabled. Do yu use Excel, LibreOffice or OpenOffice? Which version? Windows or Linux or Mac?

--kiloran

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » June 9th, 2017, 8:40 am

Hi,

I'm using Excel. However, I saw an options box and clicked on it and it gave me an option to enable content which I clicked. I then went back to instructions and this seemed to work. However, I haven't gone any further than this. Am I ok?

Brendan

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » June 9th, 2017, 8:42 am

bjmarren wrote:Hi,

I'm using Excel. However, I saw an options box and clicked on it and it gave me an option to enable content which I clicked. I then went back to instructions and this seemed to work. However, I haven't gone any further than this. Am I ok?

Brendan

Yes, depends on whether you run with macros enables or not. I got fed up enabling them and switched them to run on opening.

Raptor.

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » June 17th, 2017, 9:20 am

Hi Raptor,

The macros on my HYPTUSS are now playing up! How did you get them to be switched on, on opening?

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 17th, 2017, 10:48 am

bjmarren wrote:Hi Raptor,

The macros on my HYPTUSS are now playing up! How did you get them to be switched on, on opening?

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

Hi Brendan.
What do you mean by "playing up"? Can you describe what you are doing and what happens (e.g. I clicked on the "Get Yahoo Prices" button and a genie appeared out of my laptop and granted me three wishes) :D

What version of Excel are you using?

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”