Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUS version update?

Discussions regarding financial software
ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

HYPTUS version update?

Postby ayshfm1 » June 11th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Hi

Is there a simple way of updating the spreadsheet? I couldn't figure how I could migrate from the previous verison to the new one. I have three and one has 70 odd entries so re-doing it all was not attractive.

For now I simply fixed the python for the last update, but the change was small, there must better way I'm missing.

ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

Re: HYPTUS version update?

Postby ayshfm1 » June 11th, 2017, 2:48 pm

I was indeed missing something it's in the FAQ.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 11th, 2017, 3:57 pm

ayshfm1 wrote:
I was indeed missing something it's in the FAQ.

Glad you got sorted with the information you were looking for, and hopefully your portfolio-migration went well?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 11th, 2017, 4:14 pm

ayshfm1 wrote:I was indeed missing something it's in the FAQ.

We're also working on a User Guide which covers this sort of thing. It's not exactly a rival to War and Peace, but should be rather more useful than a party manifesto for the general election.

--kiloran

ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

Postby ayshfm1 » June 11th, 2017, 11:12 pm

I didn't need to this time, I implemented the fix on the original, but I know how to do it properly now.

I do have another problem though. Yahoo does always do pence, sometimes it does £, this is causing a problem on a couple of ones I've added in VWRL and VUKE. The scraper assumes it's always pence. There is way to tell when it's outputing in £

LSE - LSE Delayed price. Currency in GBP

When in pence

LSE - LSE Delayed price. Currency in GBp

Currently trying to figure out how your scaper works:-)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 12th, 2017, 9:27 am

ayshfm1 wrote:I do have another problem though. Yahoo does always do pence, sometimes it does £, this is causing a problem on a couple of ones I've added in VWRL and VUKE. The scraper assumes it's always pence. There is way to tell when it's outputing in £

When in pence

Currently trying to figure out how your scaper works:-)

The issue of some ETF prices bouncing between £ and pence on Yahoo is a known problem. See: http://boards.fool.co.uk/correcting-yah ... e#13367129
I think it may relate to whether the last price was a buy or a sell, but I may be wrong

In the past, the currency was always GBP, so it's interesting that it now shows GBp. Certainly Yahoo have made many changes over the past 6 months or so, so maybe they have fixed the problem (it was reported to them many times). If they are consistent about GBP and GBp, then I think we can do something about it in HYPTUSS. I'll put a test script together to monitor it.

Feel free to fire questions at me about the code, either on this board or via PM

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 12th, 2017, 11:01 am

ayshfm1 wrote:I do have another problem though. Yahoo does always do pence, sometimes it does £, this is causing a problem on a couple of ones I've added in VWRL and VUKE. The scraper assumes it's always pence. There is way to tell when it's outputing in £

When in pence

Something I just remembered while looking at this.... the Yahoo data feed does not include currency, so we would have to infer if the price was in pounds or pence based on the data values, which has its risks.

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”