Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Digitallook on the move

Discussions regarding financial software
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Digitallook on the move

Postby Breelander » March 28th, 2021, 7:34 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Old ladies like me don't do spreadsheets and all that is like a foreign language so far as I am concerned. I've printed out the portfolio again and that's as far as I have got. Anything else will have to wait till I have dealt with some more urgent things.

You can paste into Notepad too, if you'd like an electronic record of your holdings. Columns will be separated by tabs, with a little editing you can get them to line up. ;)

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » March 29th, 2021, 5:25 am

Breelander wrote:Guess what's back! For old times sake I never deleted my bookmark, and click on it several times a week - just to see what happens.

Yep, believe it or not I've signed into my DigitalLook Portfolio! At first glance everything looks correct and up to date, and it's just asked me to confirm those dividend payments made in its (prolonged) absence, including the recent Tesco consolidation shown below (holdings redacted, but the calculation was correct)...

Be aware that DL only keeps the accept / reject dividend flag open for about 1 month, so you will not see much in the way of dividends from January and February (and any you may not have acted on in December). The same would apply to splits / consolidations.

It's rather odd it should return. Wondering if it's worthwhile bringing it up to date in case it should just vanish again.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 29th, 2021, 1:10 pm

...One small point: "Your connection to this site is not secure"

Even when logged in.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 29th, 2021, 2:53 pm

XFool wrote:...One small point: "Your connection to this site is not secure"

Even when logged in.

Was always that way. It's because it has an HTTP url, not HTTPS. To switch to being a secure site requires the site being updated - and that's never going to happen....

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 29th, 2021, 2:56 pm

...Anyway, I took the opportunity to log in and effectively erase my registered account details.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » April 4th, 2021, 1:58 am

Quick comment. Since it came back the DL site seems to log users out notably more frequently than it did previously.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 5th, 2021, 12:36 am

BobGe wrote:Quick comment. Since it came back the DL site seems to log users out notably more frequently than it did previously.

I can't say I've noticed that. But when I visit I generally stay active on the site, it only logs you out after a period of inactivity.

I'm just surprised and grateful it's back, and still there after a week. Fingers crossed it stays that way ;)

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » April 15th, 2021, 12:27 pm

Breelander wrote:
BobGe wrote:Quick comment. Since it came back the DL site seems to log users out notably more frequently than it did previously.

I can't say I've noticed that. But when I visit I generally stay active on the site, it only logs you out after a period of inactivity.

It sure does with me regardless, unless you are considering a period of inactivity to be a few seconds! :-)
Since the second coming I think the longest it's held up may be about 1/2hr, but I'm finding the timing to be quite erratic.

It hasn't lost the ability to 'lose entries' or create the occasional duplication though, and thus provide incorrect summations, so that's not changed. ;-)

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 15th, 2021, 1:58 pm

BobGe wrote:Since the second coming I think the longest it's held up may be about 1/2hr, but I'm finding the timing to be quite erratic.

Well, our browsing habits are different then. I tend to sign in to get prices, or check for payments received, copy the data to my spreadsheet, then sign out again. I think the longest I leave it inactive is probably about 10 minutes. I've never been forcibly signed out on that time-scale, though.

It hasn't lost the ability to 'lose entries' or create the occasional duplication though, and thus provide incorrect summations, so that's not changed. ;-)

True :D

Particularly when a dividend and a special are paid on the same date (as with my RIO today). Only one gets recorded. Worse still is where the dividend is declared in $ or € and paid in £. The recorded dividend is almost, but not quite correct. I have to manually adjust them, eg for RDSB and (today again) RIO.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » May 9th, 2021, 6:04 am

Breelander wrote:Particularly when a dividend and a special are paid on the same date (as with my RIO today). Only one gets recorded.

The Divi and Special usually appears separately (or as two divis). If so, here's a trick for you. Open a second duplicate window / tab, the accept the one line in one window and the second line in the other window. ;-)

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”