Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Disengagement

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Disengagement

Postby XFool » October 19th, 2021, 3:36 pm

...Latest TLF rule change:

"You are not allowed to post on TLF unless you can prove you are a Telegraph reader" ?

:)

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » October 19th, 2021, 3:58 pm

88V8 wrote:The former TMF had HYP as a unique feature, which has largely continued here.
The TMF oilies board was much stronger, and the banking board.
I don't know where the oilies went, but the bankers seem to have gone to Twitter, which is a pity.

Lots of the oilies went long before TMF shut down its boards. The turning point was when emptyend left, having been repeatedly attacked and provoked by a coterie of posters who seemed to be motivated by envy regarding how much the TMF oil and gas investors had made. Not long afterwards Emptyend become a director of Aminex.

Investor interest Oil and Gas on TMF declined sharply with the 2008 financial crisis which hit small cap. oil shares badly (which is where we made the big money).

Soco International, now Pharos Energy, has a fairly active thread on ADVFN (link is below). Emptyend posts there quite regularly (I don't check all that often, I sold most of my oil shares in 2007-09 and the last lot (a few thousand Soco) went two years ago). Last time I went to a Soco AGM was 2014. For a while I used to see TMF names on the Stockopedia discussion boards for oil companies, but these faded away.

http://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=45077175

Paulypilot, who was a major star on TMF (especially with his action groups), went to Stockopedia where he has been writing articles for subscribers for several years.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » October 19th, 2021, 4:18 pm

XFool wrote:Could you be confusing me with somebody else?

Possibly, but I thought it was you.

TJH

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 19th, 2021, 4:22 pm

Moderator Message:
A warning was given about the direction and nature of this topic. Another mod without mod rights to this board has messaged to say intervention is required. I am on my mobile phone in a car park on holiday, so cannot deal with this properly. So I will carry out my warning about locking the topic and will review individual posts and issues when I have time.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”