Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Andy Murray

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Andy Murray

Postby Leothebear » June 30th, 2022, 5:24 am

For me, Andy Murray did himself no favours in his match against John Isner. His constant fist pumping/bellowing histrionics were a marked contrast to the quiet dignity with which the American went about his work. His victory in the end was well deserved.

I was also impressed in the manner he ignored the wildly partisan crowd (some distinctly sounding drunk), especially when preparing to serve.

I wouldn't want a return to the days of total silence during play, but a bit more consideration wouldn't be amiss.

As for the match - Andy never got to grips with Isner's devastating serve, while his own serve, particularly the 2nd, was too ineffective.

I have grown to like Andy but not yesterday's Andy.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Andy Murray

Postby Dod101 » June 30th, 2022, 7:06 am

Leothebear wrote:For me, Andy Murray did himself no favours in his match against John Isner. His constant fist pumping/bellowing histrionics were a marked contrast to the quiet dignity with which the American went about his work. His victory in the end was well deserved.

I was also impressed in the manner he ignored the wildly partisan crowd (some distinctly sounding drunk), especially when preparing to serve.

I wouldn't want a return to the days of total silence during play, but a bit more consideration wouldn't be amiss.

As for the match - Andy never got to grips with Isner's devastating serve, while his own serve, particularly the 2nd, was too ineffective.

I have grown to like Andy but not yesterday's Andy.

That is exactly what I thought. Murray was undignified to the extent of looking like a parody of himself. Off court he seems to have grown into a sensible likeable fellow but that sort of display on court ought to be banned.

Two losses in one evening at this early stage is not exactly encouraging for British tennis.

Dod

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: Andy Murray

Postby terminal7 » June 30th, 2022, 9:44 am

Freddy Gray, The Spectator
Why I fancy Emma Raducanu’s chances of winning Wimbledon

Published about 2 hours before ER's departure. I read another journalist forecasting that both Murray and ER would win Wimbledon.

My money has been on Iga Swiatek for a few weeks. Streets ahead of the opposition.

T7

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”