Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Stepping down

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Stepping down

Postby Dod101 » January 15th, 2020, 1:45 pm

JoyofBricks8 wrote:I am a staunch monarchist. The supreme power position in the land is kept out of the reach of politicians by the monarch. Meanwhile the monarchs theoretical power is equally unavailable to them because of the politicians fiercely guarding the constitutional settlement.

Although it appears odd and unworkable, in practice it is a neat arrangement that somewhat limits the degree of tyranny that can arise in the land.

That said: We have been watching the Royal Family get rolled over so easily by a certain actress on the make. It would only be natural for one to have misgivings about the resilience of the institution if such a crisis can be provoked so readily.

Well said JB8. I do not know if a certain actress is on the make or not but certainly she does not seem to me to have embraced the British way of life or the family she married into with any great enthusiasm. I think also she should have been at her husband's side this last week or so, instead of which she has scuttled off to Canada again as if the family matters are nothing to do with her.

Canada is a place with not a very good climate, a rather boring environment and spectacular scenery. I am surprised that someone like Meghan would want to settle there.

Dod

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 15th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Canada is a place with not a very good climate, a rather boring environment and spectacular scenery. I am surprised that someone like Meghan would want to settle there.

Dod

as opposed to somewhere in Sussex like Crawley...

;-) <--- mandatory.

didds

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » January 15th, 2020, 7:15 pm

as opposed to somewhere in Sussex like Crawley...

Oi! Every county has its sh*thole and I'm proud Creepy is Sussex's.

Maybe they'd quite like Arundel, Chichester or Bognor Regi.............

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » January 15th, 2020, 7:50 pm

This topic has run it's course

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”