Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Covid vaccine benefits

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
ukmtk
2 Lemon pips

Covid vaccine benefits

Postby ukmtk » March 14th, 2024, 9:14 am

There was an interesting article in the Guardian:

Researchers say jabs substantially reduce for up to a year the chances of serious cardiovascular complications

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2024/mar/12/covid-vaccines-cut-risk-virus-related-heart-failure-blood-clots-study

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Re: Covid vaccine benefits

Postby 1nvest » March 16th, 2024, 10:54 pm

ukmtk wrote:There was an interesting article in the Guardian:

Researchers say jabs substantially reduce for up to a year the chances of serious cardiovascular complications

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2024/mar/12/covid-vaccines-cut-risk-virus-related-heart-failure-blood-clots-study

Reduced cardiovascular complications, promoted total cardiovascular failures :)

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 16th, 2024, 10:58 pm

1nvest wrote:

Reduced cardiovascular complications, promoted total cardiovascular failures :)

Sounds like one is better off with the jab than without, by a very long way.

Shame the effect wears off after a year.

Arb.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » March 17th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
1nvest wrote:Reduced cardiovascular complications, promoted total cardiovascular failures :)

Sounds like one is better off with the jab than without, by a very long way.

An annual jab at the same time as a flu jab seems reasonable to me. As Covid has receded so has the popularity of a Covid jab every 6 months. I have had six Covid jabs to date and as far as i know I have never had Covid. Same for my wife.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » March 17th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Lootman wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:Sounds like one is better off with the jab than without, by a very long way.

An annual jab at the same time as a flu jab seems reasonable to me. As Covid has receded so has the popularity of a Covid jab every 6 months. I have had six Covid jabs to date and as far as i know I have never had Covid. Same for my wife.

Mother in her 90's, whilst in hospital tested positive for Covid, didn't even have a snivel. I had a couple of jabs in the earlier stage, never had Covid that I'm aware of but have been exposed to high concentrations of it, ditto for eldest son (in his 20's). Youngest son also in his 20's, no jabs at all, contracted Covid but was fine, separation from other family members lasted all of half a day, hence the high exposure level known to both me and his brother (same living room etc). So from one gene pool/line it didn't seem to matter whether jabbed or not and none of us have bothered to have a jab in ages. Mixture of A, B, AB blood groups (no O) and ages, so whatever is the commonality of Covid being dangerous/fatal ??? Haven't really kept abreast of it, have any pointers been indicated as to why it is dangerous for some, trivial for others?

ukmtk
2 Lemon pips

Postby ukmtk » March 17th, 2024, 8:08 pm

I think I read that some people who have suffered long covid - especially breathlessness - have had a problem with their blood.
It seemed that it was clumping and this was what was causing it to be less able to carry O2.
One would expect that if this were true they would be at increased risk of blood clots.

I can only assume that it is purely genetic as to how badly one is affected by covid.

I found this: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/long-covid-biomarkers-blood-paxlovid

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » March 17th, 2024, 9:08 pm

Lootman wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:Sounds like one is better off with the jab than without, by a very long way.

I've had every Covid jab offered, probably six the same as you and had Covid twice. A truly awful experience both times. I daren't imagine how bad it might have been without the jabs.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 18th, 2024, 7:19 am

Mike4 wrote:
Lootman wrote:An annual jab at the same time as a flu jab seems reasonable to me. As Covid has receded so has the popularity of a Covid jab every 6 months. I have had six Covid jabs to date and as far as i know I have never had Covid. Same for my wife.

I've had every Covid jab offered, probably six the same as you and had Covid twice. A truly awful experience both times. I daren't imagine how bad it might have been without the jabs.

That's such a bummer. I've tested positive twice, but you wouldn't even know it from the mild sniffles I've had.
Fully jabbed-up before catching it.

Arb.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”