Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Benefits of waking during the night Part 1

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Benefits of waking during the night Part 1

Postby Clariman » March 25th, 2020, 5:05 am

I sleep very well but have to answer a call of nature during the night - and occasionally my brain then finds itself too awake to go back to sleep. Tonight was one of those nights :( . However, I had a brain wave. Having struggled to log in to ASDA's overloaded online groceries website all of yesterday - including at 11.30pm, I figured it might be quieter when I got up at 4am. Not only have I added a second order (for 15th April), I've been able to bring my 10th April order forward to the 8th. This saves Mrs C 2 shopping trips for us and her mum. :) ... and have just added in an order for 1st April! They must have really geared up capacity in last 24 hours.

Silver lining and all that.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Benefits of waking during the night Part 1

Postby scotia » March 25th, 2020, 9:37 am

My wife tried it at midnight - busy. But she got on around 1am and placed an order. She says that's the silver lining for having to stay awake (with hubby) and watch an ancient Wheeler Dealer on TV.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » March 25th, 2020, 4:22 pm

I dreamed that I was being attacked by a strange creature. It was actually my wife trying to wake me up from my nightmare. Some nightmare, as I couldn't get this thing away from me. So to get rid of it, I grabbed this creature by the wrist and punched it in the nose. I awoke to my wife telling me that I really hurt her wrist and punched her in the nose. I kid you not. I was horrified!!! Done this before, well not beating her up but it's like sort of in a twilight zone, not sure if I'm awake or dreaming. Worrying, but this was the worst. Not sure what this has to do with shopping online but I am sort of tagging along on this thread, "the benefits of waking during the night", was the fact that I actually woke up, but really as I said fairly disgusted with myself of how serious it could have been, as apart from her wrist really hurting she doesn't have a black eye or something worse........good job I didn't start a thread on this as concerns over heights we discussed previously is mild compared to this. Anyone else gone through similar? I hope not.

Put me away now............. :shock:

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Postby panamagold » March 25th, 2020, 4:43 pm

scotia wrote:My wife tried it at midnight - busy. But she got on around 1am and placed an order.

You didn't quite make it clear whether your wife's midnight sojourn was, like Clariman's, to answer a call of nature or to attempt to place an order with Asda.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » March 26th, 2020, 8:49 am

panamagold wrote:
scotia wrote:My wife tried it at midnight - busy. But she got on around 1am and placed an order.

You didn't quite make it clear whether your wife's midnight sojourn was, like Clariman's, to answer a call of nature or to attempt to place an order with Asda.

Being around at midnight is normal - but 1am is the result of her falling asleep in front of the man-TV programs which I am frequently watching around that time. It was an ancient Wheeler Dealers on the night in question. It put me to sleep as well.

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » March 26th, 2020, 9:55 am

…but have to answer a call of nature during the night

Are you on owl watch too?

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”