Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Sky's the limit...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Beerpig
Lemon Slice

Sky's the limit...

Postby Beerpig » March 26th, 2020, 9:24 am

We are Sky customers in the Beerpig household- we have their tv, internet and several extra channels including Sky sports and movies.
With all the problems at the moment I have tried to cancel Sky Sport but to no avail.
It seems it is still very straight forward to go on line and add a channel to your current package but cancelling the sports channels which have no live material any more is proving impossible.

If I try on line the attempt clogs.
If I telephone I hear a voicemail telling me there is a queue of several hours to get to an operator.
I remain to be persuaded the company are noit doing this deliberately, ie to keep the money rolling in knowing that if they make it very difficult to be contacted, people dare not cancel their standing order for fear their internet will also be cut off.
Not happy but it might be just me (and one of my mates who has the same issue)

Anyone else found the same thing or had a happier experience?

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sky's the limit...

Postby scrumpyjack » March 26th, 2020, 9:34 am

There is meant to be an automated system where you don't need to speak with an operator

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11224339 ... -channels/

PhaseThree

Postby PhaseThree » March 26th, 2020, 9:54 am

I called them to cancel Sky sport, with the added complication that the account is in my deaf mothers name not mine. In total it took well over three hours to get to clear security and get to talk to someone who could help. (Luckily I have a mobile contract with unlimited minutes so no additional cost to me). By the time I was actually talking to someone I was more than a bit cheesed off - I ended up canceling the whole sky package and walking away for good.

To be fair to them they told me that a lot of staff away self-isolating for various reasons, and that just about everyone who subscribes to Sky Sport was trying to cancel meaning that they had a huge increase in calls. They could not explain why they were still charging for Sport when all Sport fixtures had been cancelled, neither could they explain why this wasn't something that could be done online.

One lesson to be learnt here - Have your broadband supplied as a standalone service, not packaged with anything else. I came very close to signing with Sky broadband in January and am very glad I didn't.

(Note this was a week or so ago, looks like they may have added an online method of Sports cancelation)

dragnips
Lemon Pip

Postby dragnips » March 26th, 2020, 10:38 am

Beerpig
Lemon Slice

Postby Beerpig » March 26th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Just tried again.
Its impossible.
I go on line ot the link provided, log in and press 'remove package'.
I am told that I have to contact them on an 0333 number.
I cal and go through loops and loops of answer machines telling me thye are under pressure looking after vulnerable people etc (baloni!) and I have to wait 20 mins. I wait 40 and get nowhere.
I go back to the website, log in again and this time I select the option 'pause Sky Sport' and hey presto! It works straight away.
I will take a lot of persuading this aspectof customer service is customer deiservice contrived for the benefit of Sky.
Shame on them.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » March 26th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Beerpig wrote:Just tried again.
Its impossible.
I go on line ot the link provided, log in and press 'remove package'.
I am told that I have to contact them on an 0333 number.
I cal and go through loops and loops of answer machines telling me thye are under pressure looking after vulnerable people etc (baloni!) and I have to wait 20 mins. I wait 40 and get nowhere.
I go back to the website, log in again and this time I select the option 'pause Sky Sport' and hey presto! It works straight away.
I will take a lot of persuading this aspectof customer service is customer deiservice contrived for the benefit of Sky.
Shame on them.

Worked first time, approximately 15 seconds in total from first to last click.

Probably the best bit of customer service for a long time. Very strange it is different for others.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » March 27th, 2020, 7:49 am

Anyone know how to do it with BT?

Just spent quite a while on their website to no avail

Paul

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » March 27th, 2020, 10:13 am

It's really very easy but don't do it online. It took me 2 minutes on the MySky phone ap. When using the ap it is not clear that your attempt to pause Sky Sports has been successful but go into your account and check future bills. You will see Sky Sports as being free.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”