Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus - Survivors

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Coronavirus - Survivors

Postby Bminusrob » March 27th, 2020, 9:06 am

Sometime during the coronavirus lockdown, I was reminded of a BBC series from the 1970s called Survivors. It was, I thought a brilliant series, looking at how a society recovers after 4999 out of 5000 of the population die as a result of a virus. I looked it up on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_(1975_TV_series) ), and found it was created by Terry Nation, famous for his Dr Who and daleks involvement. What I hadn't realised before reading the Wikipedia page was that "(the plague pandemic) which was accidentally released by a Chinese scientist and quickly spread across the world via air travel". Now, for God's sake don't let Donald Trump find out about this, unless you reallt want to start World War 3.

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Coronavirus - Survivors

Postby didds » March 27th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Having had a quick google it appears that that 1975 series is available online at a (IMO) pretty well known alternative to youtube .

I wont place a link as Im unsure of its legality, althopugh its so simple to find one cannot imagine that anyone with any copyright interest (if it even exists any longer) is concerned that its there. I think we are all adult enough to decide for ourselves whether we watch it or not.

If this post contravenes any LF rules then of course please delete it admins :-)

didds

gvonge
Lemon Pip

Re: Coronavirus - Survivors

Postby gvonge » March 27th, 2020, 4:50 pm

I was thinking about this series as well. One difference is that the Corona virus doesn't appear to leave white middle class people as untouched as the one in the TV series :-)

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”