Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Not Bragging!

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
monabri
Lemon Half

Not Bragging!

Postby monabri » January 6th, 2021, 2:19 pm

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Re: Not Bragging!

Postby GrahamPlatt » January 6th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Slightly off the point (I’m sure it’s a wholesome kid’s show & all), but it immediately brought to my mind a Dorothy Parker quote “No I can’t, I’m too [expletive deleted] busy. And vice-versa”.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » January 6th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Hmm, something lost in translation there... I’ll leave it to your imaginations which word should replace “wobbling”.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 6th, 2021, 3:20 pm

Having read the article and despite being very broad-minded, I don't like the idea at all. My memories of my own childhood and having brought up two boys tell me that it's not a good idea to make young children too self-conscious of their own genitalia. Sure, they find childish 'willy' jokes funny and do the typical rude and silly things that all young kids do, but it's soon forgotten in favour of other more interesting things like playing games. I can't give any links, but I vaguely remember stories of young children who had psychological problems due to becoming overly aware of their own private parts, thinking and worrying about them more and more. I think they should be allowed to grow up without all this crap and learn about it when older and more mature.

Steve

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » January 6th, 2021, 6:59 pm

stevensfo wrote: I think they should be allowed to grow up without all this crap and learn about it when older and more mature.

Steve

That would be about age 25 for the majority of people!

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 8:48 am

Playground ditty from my primary school days:
My friend Billy's got a six foot willy
And he showed it to the girl next door.
She thought it was a snake, and she hit it with a rake
And now it's only five foot four.

Children have always found this kind of stuff hilarious. And probably always will.

BJ

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » January 7th, 2021, 9:06 am

bungeejumper wrote:Playground ditty from my primary school days:
My friend Billy's got a six foot willy
And he showed it to the girl next door.
She thought it was a snake, and she hit it with a rake
And now it's only five foot four.

Children have always found this kind of stuff hilarious. And probably always will.

BJ

The problem with that poem is that it's not inclusive is it? It only includes 50% of the human race :lol:

AiY

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » January 7th, 2021, 10:41 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:The problem with that poem is that it's not inclusive is it? It only includes 50% of the human race :lol:

AiY

Which 50% do you think is missing, the boy or the girl who hit it?

TJH

Markab01
Lemon Pip

Postby Markab01 » January 7th, 2021, 10:59 am

tjh290633 wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:The problem with that poem is that it's not inclusive is it? It only includes 50% of the human race :lol:

AiY

Which 50% do you think is missing, the boy or the girl who hit it?

TJH

I am sure that to the truly woke this could be construed as transphobic and they would have to be deeply offended on behalf of all transgender or those that are not sure what they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 1:46 pm

stevensfo wrote:Sure, they find childish 'willy' jokes funny and do the typical rude and silly things that all young kids do, but it's soon forgotten in favour of other more interesting things like playing games. I can't give any links, but I vaguely remember stories of young children who had psychological problems due to becoming overly aware of their own private parts, thinking and worrying about them more and more.

I think I was about nine when I first noticed strange things happening in my underpant zone, and I had absolutely no clue as to what might be going on. I sat there at my desk in school wondering quietly whether something might be broken down there? :?
And with no-one to ask, and no facts of life information being offered - or certainly not to my age group - I probably wasted a lot of time worrying unnecessarily. I'd prefer to think that modern kids don't have to go through that uncertainty?

BJ

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Ob second observation. I well remember how my near-neighbours' rather boisterous boys got a wigwam for a birthday, and one day they pitched it on the front lawn and settled in for a game of doctors and nurses with the little girl from along the road.

Suddenly, the air was rent with a horrified scream. "She hasn't got a willie!" yelled the four year old, and the poor traumatised thing came running out of the tent, totally distraught. Yes, the castration complex had got to him really badly. Although I don't suppose the little girl was feeling particularly good about the situation either?

BJ

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » January 7th, 2021, 2:07 pm

bungeejumper wrote:Suddenly, the air was rent with a horrified scream. "She hasn't got a willie!" yelled the four year old, and the poor traumatised thing came running out of the tent, totally distraught. Yes, the castration complex had got to him really badly. Although I don't suppose the little girl was feeling particularly good about the situation either?

BJ

An old Dave Allen joke on a similar theme but of course set in NI had no screams of horror, but the punchline "I never knew we were so different, you protestants and us catholics".

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 7th, 2021, 2:36 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
stevensfo wrote:Sure, they find childish 'willy' jokes funny and do the typical rude and silly things that all young kids do, but it's soon forgotten in favour of other more interesting things like playing games. I can't give any links, but I vaguely remember stories of young children who had psychological problems due to becoming overly aware of their own private parts, thinking and worrying about them more and more.

I think I was about nine when I first noticed strange things happening in my underpant zone, and I had absolutely no clue as to what might be going on. I sat there at my desk in school wondering quietly whether something might be broken down there? :?
And with no-one to ask, and no facts of life information being offered - or certainly not to my age group - I probably wasted a lot of time worrying unnecessarily. I'd prefer to think that modern kids don't have to go through that uncertainty?

BJ

I think I noticed a lot earlier than that and I guess I just took it for granted. Erections are perfectly normal from birth onwards, caused by pressure from a full bladder or just momentary changes in blood flow. Though perhaps you remember it because you were at your desk. If this was the Swinging Sixties, then maybe your teacher's miniskirt may have been the culprit? ;) Fast forward to 15, and our English teacher was a stunner!

I have vivid memories of our reproduction classes in 1st year Secondary, the giggling etc, yet we all forgot it as soon as we were out of the door.

Due to changes in our world and puberty starting earlier, I agree about educating the kids asap about this. But I still think that the Danish cartoon is taking it too far. What's next? Cute Christine and her crafty clitoris? There are plenty of fun things in the world. We need to strike a balance.

Steve

malkymoo
Lemon Slice

Postby malkymoo » January 7th, 2021, 5:14 pm

My two-year old grand-daughter informed me recently that she hadn't got a willy like her brother, but she had a madam instead. This was a new word to me. I remember when I was a small boy in the 1950s my equipment was referred to as my wee-wee thing. My sister's arrangements did not have the dignity of a name that I remember, she just didn't have a wee-wee thing.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » January 8th, 2021, 9:34 am

stevensfo wrote:What's next? Cute Christine and her crafty clitoris?

And for those with mature adult minds there are The Cunning Stunts and The Cupid Stunts cross-country team-chasing teams [true]

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 8th, 2021, 11:06 am

stewamax wrote:
stevensfo wrote:What's next? Cute Christine and her crafty clitoris?

And for those with mature adult minds there are The Cunning Stunts and The Cupid Stunts cross-country team-chasing teams [true]

Thank you for reminding me of Kenny Everett's "Cupid Stunt" character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLBW8L198GQ

VRD

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 8th, 2021, 11:40 am

malkymoo wrote:My two-year old grand-daughter informed me recently that she hadn't got a willy like her brother, but she had a madam instead. This was a new word to me. I remember when I was a small boy in the 1950s my equipment was referred to as my wee-wee thing. My sister's arrangements did not have the dignity of a name that I remember, she just didn't have a wee-wee thing.

I think mine was called a winkle, dinky, willy and even a tail! My sisters had a 'peepee'.

Twenty five years ago, my parents visited us in France and my Mum was shocked to discover that the little girl next door had a boy doll, complete with a small zizi, as they call it. She thought it was disgusting! :lol:

Steve

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » January 8th, 2021, 12:15 pm

stevensfo wrote:
Twenty five years ago, my parents visited us in France and my Mum was shocked to discover that the little girl next door had a boy doll, complete with a small zizi, as they call it. She thought it was disgusting! :lol:

Steve

Why on earth did she think it was disgusting. It's just anatomy.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 8th, 2021, 12:30 pm

sg31 wrote:
stevensfo wrote:

Steve

Why on earth did she think it was disgusting. It's just anatomy.

Probably her upbringing, age etc. I'm not sure if they had similar dolls in the UK back in the 1980s/90s. But she was also a Daily Mail reader, so I guess I had to be understanding. ;)

Steve

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm

stevensfo wrote:Twenty five years ago, my parents visited us in France and my Mum was shocked to discover that the little girl next door had a boy doll, complete with a small zizi, as they call it. She thought it was disgusting! :lol:

Steve

Good job it wasn't modeled on John Dillermand then ;)

VRD

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”