Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Creative and imagination

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Creative and imagination

Postby brightncheerful » April 1st, 2021, 9:57 am

Long ago, a friend and i discussed the difference between creativity and imagination.

In my opinion, my friend was creative but not particularly imaginative. Whereas my friend thought me imaginative but not especially creative. We agreed.

Creative, to my mind, is about coming up with an idea from scratch, whereas imaginative is about envisaging how the idea could be improved upon.

I am however blessed with a flow of good ideas, many with commercial potential. Having no use for most of the ideas i come up with. I give them away to others whom I consider might find them useful.

How about you? Are you more creative than imaginative. or vice versa?

And what do you do with ideas you've thought of but have no use for?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Creative and imagination

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 1st, 2021, 10:25 am

Shall we see how we can improve on your idea?

A fantasist comes up with an idea. No work involved. Possibly some potential merit.
An artist comes up with an idea and turns it into something of merit, typically beautiful and/or thought-provoking.
An entrepreneur takes an idea and turns it into a business.
A scientist tests the validity of an idea.
A pirate takes a half-formed idea and exploits the law to turn it into a trap that can hold others to ransom.
A Fool takes an idea and turns it into an argument.

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Creative and imagination

Postby servodude » April 2nd, 2021, 1:58 am

brightncheerful wrote:Creative, to my mind, is about coming up with an idea from scratch, whereas imaginative is about envisaging how the idea could be improved upon.

Funnily enough I see them as almost reversed.

Imagination would be abstract, creativity would be using imagination to create something; the practical application of imagination if you like.

-sd

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”