Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Cover versions better than the originals

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Redmires
Lemon Slice

Re: Cover versions better than the originals

Postby Redmires » October 8th, 2022, 12:36 am

DiamondEcho wrote:Vanilla Fudge "Keep Me Hangin' On" on The Ed Sullivan Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJO47d26kc

The videography from 1968 is rarer and wonderful. It's a shame they're not a more remembered band. That's genuine rock, in it's infancy developing....

I'm familiar with the Vanilla Fudge version but never seen the performance before. I need a lie down after that ;)
Rod Stewart did a mean version as well (no, really)

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: Cover versions better than the originals

Postby DiamondEcho » October 23rd, 2022, 8:57 pm

Redmires wrote:I'm familiar with the Vanilla Fudge version but never seen the performance before. I need a lie down after that ;)
Rod Stewart did a mean version as well (no, really)

Pretty flamboyant eh, each of them doing 'their shines' for the audience. Though I take it given the year and them just breaking out/up they were used to performing to a more distant seated audience than cameras in their faces.

Oh you have no convinging to do re: early Road Stewart, he properly rocked before morphing much later into a commercial crooner.
I've posted this before, epic... : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhoLkTyNkM (The Faces - Maybe I'm Amazed)

Now that Rod version was interesting, thanks. Never seen it before. From the comments 1977 in Australia. Perhaps El Rodders looks a bit fried at this show...

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”