Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

So UFO's DO officially exist ...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: So UFO's DO officially exist ...

Postby Mike4 » May 26th, 2021, 7:42 pm

XFool wrote:
mc2fool wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

T͎̭̔ͦ̉ͥ͋̆̓ͅh̦̭̗̫͉̖ͩ̌ͪ̏ͥ̅͒e̺̩̤͗͂ͧ̓̋̑̚y̟͈̪̗͒̅͌ ͎̝̺mͣ͛̑̃u͓͈s̯̤̤͕̱̄́̏ͣ̆̚ṱ̥̪̉̂̔͆ ͎̺͇b̓͒e͖̲͚͕̊ͥͥ̉̎ ͮ͊͌͌̎̄ṡ̱̪̝̘ͤ̾͑ͣ̚h̳͌̒͒̑̍o̅͌ͨw̦̰̻͖̠͗n͉̱ͣ̔ͮ ͓̦̿̃̐̋t̤̼̘̼ͭh͕̼͔a̽ͯ͒̃͑ͯt͐̿̉ ͦw͆ͬ̈́͐̇̾͛e̫̮̰̯ͦ̔̆ͬͬ̉ͮ ͔̻͈ͩ̅ͫ̆̌͌E̳̺͇̠̙̻ͨ͂̆X̼̱͈ͪ̒Ĩ͎̩̤S͈̲̠̩̠̆ͪ̏̑͛̾͐Tͦ́͊ͭ
͔̠͒͒̉

How'd you do that ?!?

Alien technology?

˙˙˙ɹƎIS∀Ǝ SI ┴XƎ┴ NMOp ƎpISԀ∩

vandefrosty
Lemon Pip

Postby vandefrosty » May 26th, 2021, 8:27 pm

Here is an interesting perspective that suggests aliens are extremely unlikely to be here but their autonomous self-repairing machines are highly likely to be.

https://theline.substack.com/p/robert-j ... ave-really
The Line wrote:
There’s a plausible explanation for the increasing number of UFO sightings, and yes — it’s aliens, but not in the way you might be thinking. Von Neumann machines, autonomous, self-repairing robotic drones, could offer an explanation for the mysterious craft appearing in U.S. military videos.

Greg

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 7th, 2021, 10:47 am

The Pentagon has reportedly recovered metal alloys from unidentified flying objects that scientists "do not recognise”.
Materials, which are alleged to have “amazing properties”, are being stored in modified buildings in Las Vegas, the New York Times reports.

“They have some material from these objects that is being studied, so that scientists can try to figure out what accounts for their amazing properties,” Ralf Blumenthal, one of the authors of the New York Times report, told MSNBC.

Mr Blumenthal said the DoD “do not know” what the materials are made of.

“It’s some sort of compound they do not recognise,” he added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pentagon-ufo-alloys-program-recover-material-unidentified-flying-objects-not-recognise-us-government-a8117801.html

RC

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 7th, 2021, 11:10 am

ReformedCharacter wrote:“It’s some sort of compound they do not recognise,” he added.

Unobtanium?

"Materials, which are alleged to have “amazing properties”, are being stored in modified buildings in Las Vegas, the New York Times reports."

The trouble with this kind of report is all the usual things! "The New York Times reports", "alleged to have" etc. Who is the original source? How reliable are they? What (if anything) do they really know? What is the evidence?

Frankly, unless somebody plunks a large chunk of 'UFO' on the table in front of me, or the TV cameras, this kind of thing just rattles on down the ages all the way from Roswell.

An exceptional claim needs exceptional evidence in order to be convincing.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » June 7th, 2021, 11:42 am

Not very plausible. A mass spectrometer would tell you in seconds what it is made of.

Mind you, knowing that graphene is 100% carbon wouldn't necessarily help you to manufacture it.

Gryff

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » June 7th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Ah the mysterious materials, not of this earth
I remember reading about the Roswell incident - which was almost certainly a Project Mogul spy balloon crash- a 'large area of bright wreckage made up of rubber strips, tinfoil, a rather tough paper and sticks'..... They even found some sticky tape with pretty flower patterns (erm alien hieroglyphics)

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » June 7th, 2021, 12:34 pm

gryffron wrote:

Not very plausible. A mass spectrometer would tell you in seconds what it is made of.

Mind you, knowing that graphene is 100% carbon wouldn't necessarily help you to manufacture it.

Gryff

Reminds me of one of the 1950's SciFi films in which some extra terrestrial material is made of a previously undiscovered element (maybe one with 27 and a half protons or something)...

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 7th, 2021, 12:56 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
“They have some material from these objects that is being studied, so that scientists can try to figure out what accounts for their amazing properties,” Ralf Blumenthal, one of the authors of the New York Times report, told MSNBC.

RC

I remember back in the early 60s I read an article in a motorbike magazine about Honda, whose motorbikes were becoming very popular. Apparently Triumph bought a Honda to strip it down and could not identify the metals used in the engine.

Yeah, right....

--kiloran

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » June 7th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Ah, reminds me of Bob Lazar and his 'Element 115' (which was later synthesised in tiny quantities, briefly)

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » June 7th, 2021, 1:18 pm

I see Bezos and his brother are going into space next month on his Blue Origin, with the 3rd seat being auctioned. Maybe Branson will buy it?

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 7th, 2021, 8:18 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:I see Bezos and his brother are going into space next month on his Blue Origin, with the 3rd seat being auctioned. Maybe Branson will buy it?

Pretty cheesy promotional video about how he's going with his brother because he's his best friend, hugs, kisses, childhood dream etc. here:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/7/22522313/jeff-bezos-space-launch-brother-blue-origin-july-20

I'd rather go up in the New Shepard than one of Virgin Galactic's nitrous oxide and plastic powered rocket planes on an 'am I likely to get killed?' basis. I think Branson is due to take a flight soon too, but he's always had a habit of taking part in risky promotional stunts.

RC

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » June 9th, 2021, 8:51 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:I see Bezos and his brother are going into space next month on his Blue Origin ...

I hope he's taken out appropriate life insurance - though I wouldn't want to be the underwriter who had that proposal landing on his desk!

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » June 9th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:I see Bezos and his brother are going into space next month on his Blue Origin ...

I hope he's taken out appropriate life insurance - though I wouldn't want to be the underwriter who had that proposal landing on his desk!

oooh but think of the commission on the premiums!

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 11th, 2021, 12:32 pm

I study UFOs – and I don’t believe the alien hype. Here’s why
Mick West

The Guardian

This month the Pentagon will release its much-awaited UFO report. Extraterrestrial buffs think they’ll be vindicated - but they’ve gotten a bit ahead of themselves

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”