Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Today's Web Problems

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Today's Web Problems

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 8th, 2021, 11:35 am

Just in case you want to know why you may be having a problem loading websites now:

The status page of Fastly confirms an outage. “We’re currently investigating potential impact to performance with our CDN services,” the company said. Major news websites are scrambling to restore their services after their websites went offline, reports Ben Woods.

Users of The New York Times, The Guardian, The Financial Times and social media platform Reddit were hit by error messages when trying to gain access to the websites.

Attempts to access The New York Times and the FT's websites have been met with a white screen and a "Error 503 service unavailable" statement.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... -ftse-100/

RC

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Re: Today's Web Problems

Postby Lanark » June 8th, 2021, 1:45 pm

You would think some of these big companies could afford to setup their own server!

in particular the UK govt, who I know have spent millions setting up data centres in bomb proof underground shelters. Why arent they using those?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Today's Web Problems

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 8th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Lanark wrote:You would think some of these big companies could afford to setup their own server!

Indeed. But it's not their business to run a CDN.
in particular the UK govt, who I know have spent millions setting up data centres in bomb proof underground shelters. Why arent they using those?

You mean TheBunker? That's privately owned. Damn, I'm losing touch: I don't even know if I still have a stake through VCT investments.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”