Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Preferences

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Re: Preferences

Postby brightncheerful » June 17th, 2021, 4:05 pm

From 2003, all number plate suppliers in England and Wales were required by law to register their details with DVLA. Scottish and Northern Ireland suppliers followed to join the register in 2008. The register was introduced because the Vehicle Crime Reduction Action Team (VCRAT) was established to reduce vehicle crime by 30% by 2004. VCRAT recommended a mandatory registration scheme to control number plate distribution, with the goal of reducing fake number number plates by making a consumer prove they are entitled to the registration.

At the bottom centre of a plate, the supplier's details must be shown in a clear and legible way.  The print should be non-retroreflective and should contrast enough with the colour of the plate to be visible.

The supplier details must show the following, matching the RNPS: (Register of Number Plate Suppliers)
• the supplier's name
• the supplier's postcode

The RNPS is regulated by the DVLA and UK-wide enforcement officers visit customer's premises to check plates are meeting their requirements.

A plate must not show:

• website address (unless this is is the sole trading name of the company)
• telephone numbers, logos

Lipped plates are an ideal alternative to advertising on number plates while remaining within the British Standard and RNPS regulations. Lipped plates are a practical solution for motor traders that still wish to advertise because the advertising is outside the legally-controlled part of the plate design. The exact shape of the lip varies slightly by manufacturer but usually allows for 12mm x 400mm or more of advertising space.

---

I cannot remember if every new Audi I have bought had the dealer's sticker on the window but I do know that over the years any sticker is the first for me to remove, either peeling it off or prising gently using a flat blade on a cloth to avoid scratching the glass then glass cleaner to remove any glue residue.

Mrs Bnc has recently bought a second-hand Mini Clubman. The tax disc has the dealer's name, also there is a sticker on one of the window doors to the boot. I haven't cleaned her car yet but will remove said when. Fortunately the number plates haven't been tampered with.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”