Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Poor Mark Zuckerberg

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
rikutafes

Re: Poor Mark Zuckerberg

Postby rikutafes » October 6th, 2021, 11:20 pm

My thoughts are prayers are with Zucc in these trying times...

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » October 7th, 2021, 8:55 am

What's a few billion to MZ?

I'd say the outage definitely suggests the case for breaking up FB, Insta and WA though.

John

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » October 7th, 2021, 10:59 am

It would be intriguing to see what the US legal people would do if MZ cashed some FB shares and sold Whatsapp and Insta to another business owned by him or even to him personally.
When the Sherman Antitrust Act - whose aim was to prevent business trust-type 'cartels' of the sort set up by Rockefeller as well as simple monopolies - split up Standard Oil, Rockefeller's colossal wealth grew markedly. What MZ would lose on the fall in FB shares he might more than gain on Whatsapp and Insta

SimonS
Lemon Slice

Postby SimonS » October 8th, 2021, 12:46 pm

It was the revelation some time ago that the reselling of data was estimated at $206 billion annually to the Google,Amazon,Facebook Trinity that made me realise that most people don't realise the cost of using those platforms.

Then my brother, a local church warden,revealed an additional cost. A family rented the church hall for a birthday party and the birthday girl enthused over the fact on social media. 140 gatecrashers turned up, some tooled up to destroy what they could not enjoy (unless you think that sledgehammers are party accoutrements nowadays).

They gatecrashers were all recorded on the CCTV, many recognised by the police as repeat offenders who clearly used social media for information, but said there was little they could do in effective prevention.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » October 9th, 2021, 10:37 am

... and another outage yesterday Friday (8th) - this time not so long.
I'm glad I don't work in FB networks team.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”