Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Hangover cure

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Hangover cure

Postby Clitheroekid » July 4th, 2022, 10:01 pm

Although this sounds good at first glance I'm not sure if it's really worth it - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/myrk ... _Daily_CDP

If it neutralises the effect of the alcohol consumed then what's the point of drinking the alcohol in the first place? It would be great if it could be used after consumption, so as to sober you up really quickly, but it seems that it has to be taken beforehand.

It would seem a lot more sensible simply to drink less in the first place, thereby saving both the cost of the additional drink and the cost of the pill!

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Hangover cure

Postby Dod101 » July 4th, 2022, 10:22 pm

I did not get very far with the link but it sounds more like a hangover prevention than a cure?

Dod

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Hangover cure

Postby servodude » July 5th, 2022, 1:35 am

Dod101 wrote:I did not get very far with the link but it sounds more like a hangover prevention than a cure?

Dod

I looked at the bit above the paywall and wondered "has someone found a kule speling of Milk Thistle?!?" - but no! it's a new concoction.

Anyways milk thistle is a supplement beloved of wine-people for decades
https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/milk-thistle-the-drinkers-friend

Certainly worth a try if you haven't before - but if you find that it simply allows you to prolong the session - don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”