Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

DAK if these TV Licensing bullies have any actual authority?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
pje16
Lemon Half

Re: DAK if these TV Licensing bullies have any actual authority?

Postby pje16 » July 27th, 2022, 9:47 am

The guys who came to my door a few years ago certainly had attitude
My TV licence was in my hand and as I showed it to them (feeling somewhat superior) they sheepishly said "thanks " and went away

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » July 27th, 2022, 10:15 am

pje16 wrote:The guys who came to my door a few years ago certainly had attitude
My TV licence was in my hand and as I showed it to them (feeling somewhat superior) they sheepishly said "thanks " and went away

and these days often the TV License is not a paper copy but an email confirming you have paid until <date>.

if one has deleted the email/cant find it i dunno how one would "prove" it if the heavies knocking on the door says their systems show the property hasn't got a license.

its no longer fit for purpose as a revenue raiser - IMO and 2p. YMMV.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 28th, 2022, 8:41 pm

didds wrote:
pje16 wrote:The guys who came to my door a few years ago certainly had attitude

and these days often the TV License is not a paper copy but an email confirming you have paid until <date>.

if one has deleted the email/cant find it i dunno how one would "prove" it if the heavies knocking on the door says their systems show the property hasn't got a license.

its no longer fit for purpose as a revenue raiser - IMO and 2p. YMMV.

But surely, there would be a record in the bank statement somewhere. So the onus would still be on them to prove you hadn't paid it. If you know that you've paid it and you know that, if you really HAD to, you could prove it, why should you? If they are wasting your time due to their own inefficient admin, then they should be billed for your time.

£500/hour sounds reasonable.

Steve

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”