Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Memories

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Memories

Postby brightncheerful » February 23rd, 2024, 10:01 pm

Sad day yesterday. I hadn't touched it for a few years, not since the puppy expressed annoyance. Snatching a few minutes here and there whenever she was out of sight. I'd got rusty. My fingers stiff. Asking around to give it to someone, but no one wanted to know. I remember when I got it, I marvelled at how well it responded to being performed. A friend kindly helped me lift it out of the house and wheel it onto the pavement, which is where it stayed all last night. in the rain. Forlorn. An unfitting end to a good friend.

When I returned late this afternoon, it had gone. Mrs Bnc saw them take it. as did the dog bark.

Piano, RIP.

First time I've not had a musical instrument of my own. I grew up with a piano in the playroom at my parent's house. In the final of the Butlins Minehead holiday camp concert, when my best friend then dropped his 12-string guitar during our stage rendition of the House of the Rising Sun., and I played my electric organ for an old folks concert - procul harum, we skipped the lights, etc.

At our first house together, my Roland D10 and 2 x 250-watt power amps entertained the road to the House of the Rising Sun. I used to drive home mid-week evenings, sharing my taste in in-car music with the fields of Gloucestershire. but now all that remains is singing in the shower and the driveway, Knights in White Satin. And songs I adapt to fit the words to the dog.

I used to make it up as I went along and played the blues.

And tinkling on other people's notes isn't the same - even if the openers to Fanfare for the Common Man.

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Memories

Postby XFool » February 24th, 2024, 12:00 pm

brightncheerful wrote:I used to drive home mid-week evenings, sharing my taste in in-car music with the fields of Gloucestershire. but now all that remains is singing in the shower and the driveway, Knights in White Satin. And songs I adapt to fit the words to the dog.

Gotcha!

Though a common mistake/misunderstanding.

I once heard a radio DJ make a fool of himself on air by banging on about how "pretentious" the band were, as they couldn't even be bothered to spell 'Knights' "properly". :lol:

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » February 24th, 2024, 12:07 pm

XFool wrote:Gotcha!

Though a common mistake/misunderstanding.

I once heard a radio DJ make a fool of himself on air by banging on about how "pretentious" the band were, as they couldn't even be bothered to spell 'Knights' "properly". :lol:

Perhaps it was a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TdVoQFegQ

It's pretty grim though!

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 24th, 2024, 12:14 pm

Stompa wrote:
XFool wrote:I once heard a radio DJ make a fool of himself on air by banging on about how "pretentious" the band were, as they couldn't even be bothered to spell 'Knights' "properly". :lol:

Perhaps it was a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TdVoQFegQ

It's pretty grim though!

:lol:

Who knows?

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”