Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

The Lemonfool my pic of the day thread

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: The Lemonfool my pic of the day thread

Postby redsturgeon » July 10th, 2020, 11:54 am

monabri wrote:A while ago I posted a picture here

viewtopic.php?p=302905#p302905

I discovered today that the fields on both sides of the road are to be dug up into a quarry. The land owner lives in Jersey. He plans to remove sand from the fields and then, in 15 years, restore the land to how it is now.....unfortunately he has a track record..literally. He also owns land about a quarter of a mile away from these fields and he promised to restore that land ...which he has done..into a motocross track. The holes in the quarry will be filled with rubbish/landfill and thus the land will become brownfield. I can see longterm that the acreage being turned into a housing estate...all 100+ acres of it. :cry:

At times like this I like to listen to "The Last Resort" by the Eagles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zR9r9olOg

Some rich men came and raped the land
Nobody caught them
Put up a bunch of ugly boxes
And Jesus people bought them
And they called it paradise
The place to be...

John

elkay
Lemon Slice

Postby elkay » July 12th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Out for a cycle this morning; didn't realise we had a couple of redundant crusie ships parked up. Though I guess most cruise destinations will have their share.

* https://i.imgur.com/gY8iBvk.jpg

Unfortunately this was the end of my ride today. A nail through my tyre in the docks was compounded by the failure of my spare tube. Kicking myself as I had 4 new tubes at home, and for some reason had a repaired (not very well) tube with me. I'll try again tomorrow.

LK

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 13th, 2020, 3:06 pm

That's the only reason I've found for using Bing Maps rather than Google. I think it goes down to 1:25,000..possibly not everywhere

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 13th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Another hominiphilic Dartmoor foal kisses my knee (I'm sitting on a park bench, as you can see from its shadow).

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » July 14th, 2020, 12:09 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Another hominiphilic Dartmoor foal kisses my knee ...

Don’t be shy. The foal is licking a bald pate. Yours or not I know not. ;)

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 19th, 2020, 10:55 am

Just a firefly being a firefly, but a well-captured moment all the same -

https://i.imgur.com/IGiqsmV.mp4

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » July 20th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Big skies and a deserted beach yesterday at one of my favourite walking spots, Arnside ...

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » July 22nd, 2020, 2:47 pm

It was a beautiful day yesterday so we went off for a stroll along the Fife coastal path from St Monance to Pittenweem.
This is the approach to Pittenweem

Like most of the villages on the East Neuk of Fife, its quite photogenic, but its also a working village with a busy fishing harbour

and it takes this task seriously

The inscription below the statue reads
This memorial is dedicated to the men and women who make their living from the sea, and to those who have lost their lives in so doing

In contrast, St Monance is a sleepy place, with the two boatbuilding yards now gone, and the fishing having switched to Pittenweem. So there is a touch more irreverence down at the harbour

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » July 22nd, 2020, 3:10 pm

scotia wrote:In contrast, St Monance is a sleepy place, with the two boatbuilding yards now gone, and the fishing having switched to Pittenweem. So there is a touch more irreverence down at the harbour

I spent my childhood holidays in a harbourside house about 50 metres to the right of this photograph. The house was owned by my cousins' family. The shipbuilding sheds were still there at the time.

(This was taken a couple of years ago, but it hasn't changed much since the 60s.)

Scott.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 29th, 2020, 4:01 am

Apologies if this has been posted before but what goes on inside the International Space Station which I found fascinating particularly what gravity appears to do to her hair. Never thought that if you had long hair it would just stand up so to speak :) This is one place that those who suffer from claustrophobia might have a problem. Not sure if I could do six months at a time though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doN4t5N ... e=youtu.be

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 29th, 2020, 9:38 am

Snorvey wrote:And a bee has his fill at the birdbath...(no need for remote shooting here)

Wouldn't that be her fill? Worker bees are traditionally described as female, though in practice non-sexual.

genou
Lemon Quarter

Postby genou » July 29th, 2020, 12:31 pm

nimnarb wrote:Apologies if this has been posted before but what goes on inside the International Space Station which I found fascinating particularly what gravity appears to do to her hair. Never thought that if you had long hair it would just stand up so to speak :) This is one place that those who suffer from claustrophobia might have a problem. Not sure if I could do six months at a time though.

That's pretty cool. When she shows how the "floor", "wall" and "ceiling" are all the same, it brought to mind the old SF novel - The Mote in God's Eye ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mote_in_God%27s_Eye ) . I'm sure there was one Motie culture that have been in space so long that they no longer feel any need to orient themselves so that their heads are all the same way up when meeting / talking.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 29th, 2020, 1:53 pm

nimnarb wrote:Apologies if this has been posted before but what goes on inside the International Space Station which I found fascinating particularly what gravity appears to do to her hair. Never thought that if you had long hair it would just stand up so to speak :) This is one place that those who suffer from claustrophobia might have a problem. Not sure if I could do six months at a time though.

Fascinating. I was surprised at the noise levels and just how claustrophobic some (all?) areas of the ISS are!

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 29th, 2020, 4:19 pm

Sorry, this post should not have been posted on this board as is for pics only and was intended to go elsewhere, however it gave me the chance to enjoy a few hours of going over all the posts. I do recall when Snorvey first introduced the idea but for whatever reason hardly looked at it since. What a mistake. Some of you if not most are extremely talented and the pics of nature and the scenery all over the UK is at times stunning and just shows you how fortunate we are but its your skills in capturing the moment that brings back memories for me. Many thx to you all. Will have to get my camera out and try to contribute. I had someone called Photobucket from many years ago who now are no longer a free hosting site. Any recs where I can go to store my pics and then post them here?(without getting too complicated)

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » July 29th, 2020, 5:58 pm

nimnarb wrote: Any recs where I can go to store my pics and then post them here?(without getting too complicated)

I use imgur.com. Simply type in imgur.com in your browser, and on the displayed page click on New post. No need to login or join up. I got the recommendation from someone on TLF, but I can't remember whom!

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 29th, 2020, 8:44 pm

https://imgur.com/a/K5OuQ5y

Hope this works..thx for the great tip Scotia

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 29th, 2020, 9:01 pm

nimnarb wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/K5OuQ5y

Hope this works..thx for the great tip Scotia

You've done everything right nimnarb, but you can go one step further and embed the actual pictures from that link into your posts on this board...

Some steps to be able to do that -

1. Open the above link in a separate browser tab

2. Right click on each image, and from the right-click context menu, select the option to 'Copy image location' or similar (might be slightly different wording, depending on your browser - 'Copy image location' is from Firefox)

3. The above Step 2 will copy the URL of the *actual photo* to your clipboard

4. PASTE the clipboard image URL into a post here (you can also briefly test it out by pasting the URL into a new browser tab as well if you like, which should then just show the photo itself to confirm that the process is working correctly...)

5. Once you've PASTED the URL into a Lemon Fool post, select and highlight the whole URL in the post using your mouse and left-button, and then select the 'Img' button in the line of selectable options above the Lemon Fool posting window -

6. Doing the above will put the correct IMG tags around the highlighted photo URL, similar to the example tagged URL below, and when you do a 'Preview' of the post, before submitting it, you will see that the photo itself is then embedded correctly into your post..

Give it a try with both of your sunset photos. They're great, and it would be good to be able to see them in this thread, rather than just the link you've provided (although that works fine too!)

If any of the above instructions aren't clear, or you need any further help with this process, just let me know. Whilst the above might seem like a complicated process on first viewing, it's actually really simple, and quickly becomes second nature once you've done it a few times.

You've covered off most of the more complicated steps already by uploading the photos to IMGUR, and the above short steps are just the final ones needed to get the photos shown in this thread in all their glory...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm

[img]
Image[/img]

Brilliant instructions Itsallaguess. Thank you so much.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » July 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm

I was looking for a pic I'd taken a while ago, and I came across this, from a trip to Menton. It was the view from our apartment, and I think it was the first Airbnb that we'd ever rented. Believe it or not the pic was taken on 7 March - we were lucky with the weather!

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » July 29th, 2020, 11:12 pm

Wife conceived in Menton. Beautiful area. Visited in the late 70's.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”