Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

X-O SIPP

Including Financial Independence and Retiring Early (FIRE)
Mordko

X-O SIPP

Postby Mordko » January 4th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Does anyone have experience with X-O SIPP provided by Jarvis?

Plan to invest in ETFs.

Initial interactions during the set up seem positive but I can’t find any reviews on line.

tacpot12
2 Lemon pips

Re: X-O SIPP

Postby tacpot12 » January 4th, 2020, 6:00 pm

No experience with Jarvis, in fact I've never heard of them. Why are you considering going with such a small provider when their fees are no cheaper than much bigger providers?

Mordko

Postby Mordko » January 4th, 2020, 6:35 pm

tacpot12 wrote:No experience with Jarvis, in fact I've never heard of them. Why are you considering going with such a small provider when their fees are no cheaper than much bigger providers?

They, along with AJ Bell came out the cheapest for my 120k pot in platform comparison. Also, the first year is free. My UK passport required by AJ Bell has expired and they have taken over a week to respond to an email - in fact they still haven’t. Jarvis have been very responsive and were satisfied with my Canadian passport to ID me.

They seem to have been around for a while, a profitable company and Goldman Sachs are using them for employee ISAs, but their internet footprint is surprisingly small.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 4th, 2020, 6:42 pm

Mordko wrote:Does anyone have experience with X-O SIPP provided by Jarvis?

Plan to invest in ETFs.

Initial interactions during the set up seem positive but I can’t find any reviews on line.

X-O are occasionally mentioned at Brokers and Share Dealing viewforum.php?f=26

As X-O is only 3 'letters', search here will not pick up the discussions.

Here's a couple mentioning them generally but there are others:

viewtopic.php?p=248283#p248283
viewtopic.php?p=242819#p242819

xeny
Lemon Slice

Postby xeny » January 4th, 2020, 7:11 pm

I've a close relative who uses Jarvis for a taxed account and also for an ISA, and they are very happy with them (they chose Jarvis to move the ISA to due to Barclay's fee restructuring after positive experiences with the taxed account). Sadly they've no experience of the pension.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » January 4th, 2020, 8:12 pm

I have used Jarvis Investment Management since well before 2000 for a "Signature" PEP, (which had a £25 annual fee) and from around 2000 for a non-sheltered share dealing account. I later opened an online ISA with X-0 their cheaper online service. X-0 doesn't charge any annual fees, just the trading fee, of £5.95

I don't know if they run SIPP's.

Sobraon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Sobraon » January 5th, 2020, 12:10 am

My wife and I both had SIPPs with X-O around 2014 when they partnered with a company called Liberty. A bit of a disaster I am sorry to say mainly due to ( I feel ) the partnership arrangement which meant that neither X-O nor Liberty really seemed to want to take responsibility for the product. In the end we both transferred our SIPPs away after a significant fee increase. I recall it was a pain to transfer away and took a long time.

I know the SIPP arrangement has changed ( maybe twice since we were with them?) but I feel it is unlikely that I would return to an X-O Sipp. On the other hand we hold ISAs with X-O and these work well (Stocks & ETFs only). On balance not quite as good as iWeb for ISAs which also have zero custody fees but a lower dealing charge.

Rituximan

Postby Rituximan » January 5th, 2020, 7:19 am

My ISA holdings are split across iWeb and X-O, and I have been using X-O for eight or nine years now without problem. The service is a little bit on the basic side - after doing the 'bed and ISA' thing each year, I always had to email/phone them to find out how exactly much headroom was left. Also, I wanted to buy a Vanguard ETF last year and the system wouldn't let me - the 'buy' function was greyed out with no explanation - so I phoned them and they asked if I had read the ETF's Key Information Document and when I logged in again, the 'buy' function had become available.

paulnumbers
Lemon Slice

Postby paulnumbers » January 5th, 2020, 9:14 am

Plan to invest in ETFs.

As mentioned by others, the SIPP admin is outsourced to another company, so that has always put me off them a little.

If you're happy bouncing around providers, II is also effectively free for the first year, costs of 240 in the first year, including 1 monthly trading credit, & cashback of 250.

https://www.ii.co.uk/transfer-cashback-offer

Return to “Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)”