Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

AIC Dividend Heroes (June 2022)

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

AIC Dividend Heroes (June 2022)

Postby Itsallaguess » June 17th, 2022, 3:36 pm

AIC Dividend Heroes are investment companies that have managed to maintain a record of consecutive dividend increases over a number of consecutive years.

For their 'Heroes' list this is a record of 20 years, and for their 'Next generation heroes', this is a record of consecutive dividend increases for at least 10 years -

https://www.theaic.co.uk/income-finder/dividend-heroes

Below is a table of AIC listed investment companies with the following high-yield criteria -

• Yield of 3.00% or over
  • Consecutive dividend increases of at least 10 years

The table is ranked initially by AIC sector, and then listed in yield order per sector, and the first column contains a URL hyperlink to the relevant AIC page for each investment, to help with any further interest -

From the above table, I currently own AAIF, MYI, NAIT, MRCH, CTY, and LWDB, and I'm happy to take advantage of the geographical and sectoral diversity they provide, along with the steady and reliable income they deliver for me.

Usual caveats apply - not intended for investment-decision purposes without further due-diligence being carried out, etc...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Darka
Lemon Slice

Re: AIC Dividend Heroes (June 2022)

Postby Darka » June 17th, 2022, 4:16 pm

Thanks Itsallaguess,

A very useful post.

From your table I hold: HFEL, MYI, NAIT, MRCH, CTY and LWDB.

regards
Darka

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » June 17th, 2022, 4:32 pm

I had not realised how the dividend growth of LTI had increased, and also its yield, over the last few years.

What I had noticed is that the actual cash dividends from it were good, but had assumed that was a series of one-off payouts (which they may be).

Still, remarkable that it now sports a yield over 5%, for what is supposedly a global growth fund.

I did wonder how much of that dividend reflects earnings and dividends from its 25% stake in the parent fund management company:

https://citywire.com/funds-insider/news ... s/a1560071

Of course its capital performance has been all over the place for the last few years. But at least it is now a dividend hero. :D

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » June 17th, 2022, 8:57 pm

Lootman wrote:I had not realised how the dividend growth of LTI had increased, and also its yield, over the last few years.

What I had noticed is that the actual cash dividends from it were good, but had assumed that was a series of one-off payouts (which they may be).

Still, remarkable that it now sports a yield over 5%, for what is supposedly a global growth fund.

I did wonder how much of that dividend reflects earnings and dividends from its 25% stake in the parent fund management company:

Of course its capital performance has been all over the place for the last few years. But at least it is now a dividend hero. :D

I wouldn't wonder about it for very long.

MDW1954

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » June 18th, 2022, 10:20 am

MDW1954 wrote:
Lootman wrote:I had not realised how the dividend growth of LTI had increased, and also its yield, over the last few years.

I wouldn't wonder about it for very long.

Ha, well if I had been in the mood to sell down some of my LTI positon then I should have done that 3 years ago when it was at double where it is now. I thought about it but didn't want to pay the CGT. I am still up over 500% so not worrying too much.

The share price of a fund management business will tend to exaggerate any moves in the overall market. If Mr. Lindsell and Mr. Train paid out the specials because they saw the drop coming then hopefully they also prepared the portfolio for a bear market. I am disinclined to second guess them given their success.

It is just interesting to see a high conviction growth fund in the dividend heroes list, at least for now anyway.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”