Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYP lessons from Fantasy Football

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
dundas666
2 Lemon pips

HYP lessons from Fantasy Football

Postby dundas666 » December 30th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I also play fantasy football in addition to playing HYP :P , and this year an interesting scenario developed in our work mini-league with some lessons for HYP which I thought i'd share.

In fantasy football you create a team with players from different premier league teams (no more than 3 players from any team) and they get points for scoring and assisting goals, clean sheets etc. During the season you can transfer one player per week for free, or more players for a points penalty, and this takes up a lot of your activity during the season. My work mini-league has 98 participants and last year's winner decided that this year he would construct a "set and forget" team, and make no player transfers at all during the season.

I chatted with him the other day and what lessons had he learned from his no-tinkering approach?

1) If you're not going to tinker, you have to pick dependable players who will play every week, earn points regularly and slowly but surely build a winning score
2) Don't pick fancy Dans who flatter to deceive as they will be in and out of the team, and the occasional highs and more frequent lows will drive you crazy
3) Several of his seemingly-dependable players suffered long-term injuries, and not being able to transfer them out cost his team score dearly
4) He was a lot more stress free as he didn't feel obliged to be actively managing his team every week

Some HYP lessons for us all! :D

Cheers, Pete

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”