Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Itsallaguess - HYP review 2019

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Itsallaguess - HYP review 2019

Postby Itsallaguess » December 31st, 2019, 6:56 am

HYP review for 2019 -

1. Bought some bits.

2. Sold some bits from my non-ISA account to transfer into my ISA account, and thankfully I'm now comfortably under the £2000 non-ISA dividend allowance limit for my unsheltered account, which was a target for the year...

3. Recently started to wind down and invest the majority of the cash-buffer I'd allowed to build up due to recent UK-centric issues. I tend to stay 'fully invested' with my already-invested funds, and allow myself a level of accumulated cash (both from working wages and incoming dividends) that reflects my view of market prospects and risks at any given time. This approach works very well for me personally...

4. Topped up some income-related Investment-Trusts - I still hold a lot of single-company shares in my HYP, but I don't tend to invest new funds into anything other than collectives nowadays (currently 42.5% in income-IT's)...

5. Checked that actual-income was somewhere near previous forecast-income at HYP portfolio level.

6. Also checked that portfolio income-growth was on track to hopefully provide useful retirement options at some future point in time. This is a very important part of my investment-management process...

7. I again had a complete month of November off from looking at my portfolio, and felt a great deal better for it....

So, all in all it was another successful investment period in 2019, and coming from a relative 12-month low back in December 2018, I suspect many of us here have had very similar good results both on the capital and income fronts.

Best wishes to all Lemon Fools for the coming New Year.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”