Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2021 Q4

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2021 Q4

Postby Arborbridge » March 2nd, 2022, 10:10 am

Sorry - this is a bit late, but I thought it right to round off the year 2021.

Total real income for all three streams was up 15% on 2020 and up 1.5% on 2019.

I publish my usual charts below, which are all worked out on the basis of price per unit - which therefore corrects for any re-investment of capital. This unitised income therefore gives the true perspective on "bangs per buck". The first chart shown is how much income a £100-worth of units produced in pounds* - you can see they don't start in the same place simply because the yield of each portfolio was/is different. As expected, the OEIC and HYP streams took a bigger knock than the IT stream because the latter can pay from reserves. On the other hand, those two stream are bouncing back quicker. The HYP line has not kept up with the RPI, the OEICs just about. Only the ITs have at present are keeping up with RPI, though it's interesting to note that the ITs line is coming off a little as reality bites.
*each point is the income generated from the previous four quarters, i.e. one year.
The second chart shows capital movements in pence per unit. This is up to date and shows the effect of the Russian war.

Comments or comparisons welcome. Next update will be Q1 if I remember - or Q2 if not!

Arb.

HELP: second image not publishable. I've received an error message on preview saying that my image is not allowed to be more than 800 pixels high. This is baffling because I am only producing it in the same maaner that I have always used (see same title here, but Q3). I've tried cropping the screen shot to the minimum, but it still isn't acceptable, so at this stage I am stumped. Has something on TLF altered?? I've been publishing the same image type made in the same way for years, and now something is different.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2021 Q4

Postby tjh290633 » March 2nd, 2022, 10:28 am

Arborbridge wrote:HELP: second image not publishable.

Is it too much for a single post with both images, perhaps?

Can you post it separately?

TJH

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 2nd, 2022, 3:13 pm

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » March 2nd, 2022, 3:15 pm

tjh290633 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:HELP: second image not publishable.

Is it too much for a single post with both images, perhaps?

Can you post it separately?

TJH

I posted both images in one post previously, no problem. Now I've tried to resize it in Photoshop, which has reduce the height in pixels, but also "clipped" the image. It's the best I can do for now.

The real puzzle is that I do not know what has altered since my previous images posted for Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2021 Q3, which were identical except for not being updated.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”