Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

High Yield Investment Trusts - AIC Sector and Yield table (March 2022)

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

High Yield Investment Trusts - AIC Sector and Yield table (March 2022)

Postby Itsallaguess » March 14th, 2022, 6:25 pm

Below is a table of AIC-listed Investment Trusts which yield 3.5% or higher as at March 14th 2022.

The table is shown grouped by AIC sector, and then ranked in descending order of yield for each sector, and also shows relevant Discount or Premium information, along with the 5-year dividend growth-rate for each Investment Trust, and with an additional column showing the relevant OCF charges including performance fees.

Please note - the company names in the table below are URL links to the respective AIC 'Portfolio' page for each investment, which will then show the underlying holdings, geographic breakdown, and other useful company-specific information. From there, other tabs on each AIC page can then lead to areas such as Overview, Performance, Dividends, Charges, and others...

If anyone wishes to replicate this type of data-set themselves at any time, there are some simple instructions at the bottom of this post on how to do that...

I've dip-checked the above data, but please do note that it should be used only as a starting-point for further investigation, and it should certainly be the case that you should carry out your own due-diligence on any data that you may use for any subsequent investment decisions that you might wish to make...

A good source to cross-check some of the above data, if anything does look interesting or even suspicious, is the TrustNet website, which also gives yield and discount information for these types of investments - https://www.trustnet.com/

Here are some instructions to be able to generate up-to-date yield-data in the future, using the above excellent AIC website -

1. Open the AIC website (https://tinyurl.com/yawfc9zy)

2. Select the 'Choose your AIC Sectors' button, and then click 'Deselect all sectors' and then 'Reselect all sectors, followed by a manual un-selection of all the lower 'VCT' sectors group.

3. From within the 'Sectors' window, select the link on the bottom right labelled 'Select your data points', which will then open the data-points selection window.

4. In the 'Data points' window, click 'Deselect all', and then manually select TIDM, Management Group, AIC Sector, Traded Currency, Total Assets, Discount/Premium, 5yr Div Growth Rate (% pa), Ongoing charge including performance fee, Dividend Cover (yrs), and Dividend Yield (%)

5. Close the 'Data points' window

6. Select the 'Finish and Save / Print' button, and in the window that appears, make sure to un-select the 'Include AIC sector weighted averages' box, and then select the box marked 'Enable Print Mode', before closing that window

7. The presented AIC data can now be copied and pasted into a spreadsheet, and then filtered by sector or yield as required.

• Please do note that if you don't select the 'Enable Print Mode' option, and you then try to copy the data into a spreadsheet, then it's likely to only copy some of the data...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: High Yield Investment Trusts - AIC Sector and Yield table (March 2022)

Postby daveh » March 15th, 2022, 8:45 am

It's great to have these back, I found them very useful. I tried to do my own version, but failed to get them to cut off at a minimum high yield, so the tables were rather unwieldyly large for posting

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 15th, 2022, 9:10 am

Thanks for that.

Income seekers might be attracted to the yield from JP Morgan Russian Secs at 57.97% or for a more modest yield, 44.74% from Secure Income.

Probably better to step aside.

Dod

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 15th, 2022, 11:46 am

Dod101 wrote:Thanks for that.

Income seekers might be attracted to the yield from JP Morgan Russian Secs at 57.97% or for a more modest yield, 44.74% from Secure Income.

Probably better to step aside.

Dod

Let me say firstly that my comments were intended to be ironic which I hope was self evident but let me also say that the 44 74% yield is from some entity called Secured Income and should not be confused with another entity called Secure Income which is a REIT. Secured Income appears to be in liquidation and is not in any case a member of the AIC.

Dod

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 15th, 2022, 6:53 pm

daveh wrote:
I tried to do my own version, but failed to get them to cut off at a minimum high yield, so the tables were rather unwieldy large for posting

They seem to have had a bit of a 're-vamp' on that section of the AIC site, and the option for yield cut-offs seems to have disappeared, which is a real shame.

There should be some sort of web-site protocol that demands that re-vamps should only be allowed to improve functionality, and never be allowed to remove useful features like that....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » March 23rd, 2022, 10:57 pm

Thank you very much. You were missed

Regards

Bob

DavidM13
Lemon Slice

Postby DavidM13 » March 25th, 2022, 5:01 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
daveh wrote:
I tried to do my own version, but failed to get them to cut off at a minimum high yield, so the tables were rather unwieldy large for posting

They seem to have had a bit of a 're-vamp' on that section of the AIC site, and the option for yield cut-offs seems to have disappeared, which is a real shame.

There should be some sort of web-site protocol that demands that re-vamps should only be allowed to improve functionality, and never be allowed to remove useful features like that....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Hi There,
I don't understand what this means. Can you explain clearly and I will see if I can help or suggest a workaround? The new pages have been very well received as more clearly signposting and the all important research tab now makes it very easy to read 3rd party research or other thought leadership. We also have added AGM details including how to join remotely in order to increase engagement.

Do let me know about the "Yield cut offs" as currently I cannot think what that could relate too.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 25th, 2022, 5:21 pm

DavidM13 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Hi There,

I don't understand what this means.

Can you explain clearly and I will see if I can help or suggest a workaround?

The new pages have been very well received as more clearly signposting and the all important research tab now makes it very easy to read 3rd party research or other thought leadership. We also have added AGM details including how to join remotely in order to increase engagement.

Do let me know about the "Yield cut offs" as currently I cannot think what that could relate too.

Hi David,

Thanks for your continued interest and support with these issues.

On the previous version of the AIC site, before the re-vamp, in addition to the 'Data Points' area, where the 'Yield' option could be ticked as it can be now, there also used to be a 'Filters' area, where users could then additionally set a 'Yield range' for that yield data-point option, and I think there were a few filter options set with very useful 0.5% increments if I remember rightly...

I've always assumed a level of 3.5% and above might be a good starting point for the types of income investors who have an interest in this type of investment strategy here, and so that used to be easy to use as a cut-off, with the previous version of the site area then ignoring any AIC-listed investment yielding less that 3.5%.

As far as I'm aware, using the area of the AIC site linked to below, it's now not possible to set that 'yield filter', because the only option now remaining is the 'Data Point' option area, and the previous 'Filter' area, where the option to do so, is now missing -

https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/find-compare-investment-companies/advanced-compare?set=import

My earlier post was just reflecting on the removal of that useful yield-filter functionality on the above area, that's all...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

DavidM13
Lemon Slice

Postby DavidM13 » March 26th, 2022, 8:54 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
DavidM13 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Hi There,

I don't understand what this means.

Can you explain clearly and I will see if I can help or suggest a workaround?

The new pages have been very well received as more clearly signposting and the all important research tab now makes it very easy to read 3rd party research or other thought leadership. We also have added AGM details including how to join remotely in order to increase engagement.

Hi David,

Thanks for your continued interest and support with these issues.

On the previous version of the AIC site, before the re-vamp, in addition to the 'Data Points' area, where the 'Yield' option could be ticked as it can be now, there also used to be a 'Filters' area, where users could then additionally set a 'Yield range' for that yield data-point option, and I think there were a few filter options set with very useful 0.5% increments if I remember rightly...

I've always assumed a level of 3.5% and above might be a good starting point for the types of income investors who have an interest in this type of investment strategy here, and so that used to be easy to use as a cut-off, with the previous version of the site area then ignoring any AIC-listed investment yielding less that 3.5%.

As far as I'm aware, using the area of the AIC site linked to below, it's now not possible to set that 'yield filter', because the only option now remaining is the 'Data Point' option area, and the previous 'Filter' area, where the option to do so, is now missing -

https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/find-compare-investment-companies/advanced-compare?set=import

My earlier post was just reflecting on the removal of that useful yield-filter functionality on the above area, that's all...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Thanks for that. I understand what you are referring to now. Yes, last July we merged compare and interactive statistics. We did indeed lose that filter but have replaced the functionality within the screener tool which was launched at the same time. We did this because hardly anyone even knew the filter existed according to the stats. We didnt wan't duplicated functionality and the screener was a better home for it. Its a powerful tool and also allows for graphing and side by side comparison.

https://www.theaic.co.uk/investment-com ... lue=%7B%7D

The best thing about the screener tool is after choosing your parameters, if you are that way inclined, you can actually change the code in the url and put any dividend yield you want now not just the defaults we have configured. The data also allows download of up to 100 rows. So please have a try on this tool and you should see what I mean simply enough.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 27th, 2022, 7:30 am

DavidM13 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Thanks for that. I understand what you are referring to now.

Yes, last July we merged compare and interactive statistics. We did indeed lose that filter but have replaced the functionality within the screener tool which was launched at the same time. We did this because hardly anyone even knew the filter existed according to the stats.

We didn't want duplicated functionality and the screener was a better home for it. Its a powerful tool and also allows for graphing and side by side comparison.

https://www.theaic.co.uk/investment-com ... lue=%7B%7D

The best thing about the screener tool is after choosing your parameters, if you are that way inclined, you can actually change the code in the url and put any dividend yield you want now not just the defaults we have configured. The data also allows download of up to 100 rows. So please have a try on this tool and you should see what I mean simply enough.

Thanks David - the screener is great, but the omission of EPIC information is a more glaring problem in that area of the site than the removal of the yield filter is in the other area, so I'll stick with the manual yield-filtering personally, in the 'Advanced Compare' section of the site.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”