Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

recent portfolio tweaks

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
TUK020
Lemon Quarter

recent portfolio tweaks

Postby TUK020 » April 12th, 2022, 9:47 am

New funds into my ISA have gone into F&C Investment Trust. Global blue chip equities at a discount to NAV. Seems a conservative beet for these unsettled times. My ISA has more of a total return focus, looking for capital growth as well as income.

My SIPP is moving to more income focused these days, as I have started drawing on it for retirement living costs.
Within my SIPP, I have just unloaded my stake in AZN; seems very richly priced these days, always a bit unsure about it's opaque accounting, and not in a position to judge the riskiness of its future pipeline.
Split the funds generated into:
a) SDRC. A conservatively managed outfit, apparently with a net cash position, and a history of steadily advancing dividends (held in 2020-2021), now on offer on a PE of 8, and a yield of nearly 6%. Not sure why they are at this price, seems like an opportune buy in level.
b) LWDB. Again looks like a conservative outfit, with a steadily advancing dividend. On offer with a yield of nearly 5%, albeit at a slight premium to NAV.

Been dithering over these moves for a few days now, and now taken the plunge.
ISA is pretty much fully invested
SIPP sitting on 10 months cash withdrawal rate.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”