Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Re: Creating a SIPP HYP - input welcome

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » June 14th, 2023, 11:04 pm

Not the wrong place, but you may get a richer range of advice over here (*). Have a good look at income-oriented Investment Trusts, their yields, reach, payout records during Covid. Before you jump into the implementation, I'd be interested to hear what your over-arching objective is for your SIPP HYP, for example do you have a particular income target in mind, and what overall yield do you need to achieve that?

Femi wrote:
Does this seem like a sensible starting point?

All input / views / comments welcomed and appreciated.

If this is in the wrong place please let me know where I should post it :)

(*) I'm sorry I no longer post over there, but I wanted to contribute, so am doing so here. If the split thread irritates folk, well tough.

Femi

Postby Femi » June 14th, 2023, 11:51 pm

Thanks Moorfield :)

Have a good look at income-oriented Investment Trusts, their yields, reach, payout records during Covid. Before you jump into the implementation, I'd be interested to hear what your over-arching objective is for your SIPP HYP, for example do you have a particular income target in mind, and what overall yield do you need to achieve that?

I have an IT based income portfolio within an ISA wrapper and currently reinvest the dividends. My running yield on that portfolio is currently 6.19% which I am happy with and will continue to invest in this over time.

I retired at the age of 56 last year and my objective for my ISAs and SIPP is to generate a reasonable level of income to initially reinvest and then take an annual income to facilitate travel etc whilst ideally preserving the value of the capital. I don't have a particular income target in mind, the income generated will supplement other existing income streams (DB Pensions, Property Rental Income et al) so it's really icing on the cake so to speak.

I have considered simply sticking it all into a Vanguard Global Equity fund - low charges, fire and forget almost ... but actually I enjoy monitoring and investing in the markets so it's also something I will get enjoyment from and have a bit of fun with.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » June 15th, 2023, 12:43 am

This is a weird post because it obviously started somewhere else. Can we know where?

Dod

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » June 15th, 2023, 6:18 am

Dod101 wrote:This is a weird post because it obviously started somewhere else. Can we know where?

Dod

viewtopic.php?t=39494

Started here (see link above), but moorfield wanted to talk about/suggest income ITs.

High yield ETFs can also be good I have EMDV, IDVY and IAPD for income from emerging markets, Europe and Asia Pacific regions as I feel less able to invest in individual shares not on the LSE.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”