Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Preparing for New ISA and Capital Gains

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
taken2often
Lemon Slice

Preparing for New ISA and Capital Gains

Postby taken2often » January 27th, 2022, 5:34 pm

With this weeks swing in the markets I decided to bring forward my preparations for the old and new tax year. Today we returned to 7500 so I have made this early decision.

I trimmed off enough profit on four shares to supply the maximum ISA allowance for next year. This will also help to offset some capital gain lossess that I have carried forward from previous years.

So back to the never ending speculation that the bubble will burst. At the same time will we crack 8000 this year.

Any thoughts

Bob

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: Preparing for New ISA and Capital Gains

Postby dealtn » January 28th, 2022, 8:19 am

taken2often wrote:With this weeks swing in the markets I decided to bring forward my preparations for the old and new tax year. Today we returned to 7500 so I have made this early decision.

I trimmed off enough profit on four shares to supply the maximum ISA allowance for next year. This will also help to offset some capital gain lossess that I have carried forward from previous years.

So back to the never ending speculation that the bubble will burst. At the same time will we crack 8000 this year.

Any thoughts

Bob

Stop (never ending) speculation about market levels.

I am comfortable knowing my knowledge is limited. It is even more limited about knowledge of what the future looks like.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 28th, 2022, 8:43 am

taken2often wrote:With this weeks swing in the markets I decided to bring forward my preparations for the old and new tax year. Today we returned to 7500 so I have made this early decision.

Any thoughts

Bob

Firstly of course, is there a bubble? Secondly, like dealtn is indirectly saying, you cannot time the market. If you really mean you now have funds for next year's allowance you are well ahead of the game and have some time to decide anyway.

Dod

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » January 30th, 2022, 2:03 pm

There is always someone predicting a correction. Remember Brokers only make money on movement, slow steady growth is no use so swings are needed. The problem is if the drop keeps going. I remember a time when I kept saying to myself it cannot keep dropping but it did. I just kept buying and in the end it worked out great. This is my main reason for investing for income so that I had money to buy. I was retired and had no new money. I kept buying income from income. So compounding has worked well for me.

Other potential bubbles that I do not buy is Crypto and Gold. Me I would rather have pallets of Rice, Pasta, Corn beef and other meat products and of course Guns. The Guns not available in the UK. If the market in gold turns, the price of gold will drop like a stone and a tin of corn beef will be safer and easier to trade.

The concept of total disaster is more a US rural view. With defunding the Police a new industry of Clean Up Squads would no doubt emerge. Murder for hire could also be a new business opportunity, what with no one to investigate. How about 6 tins iof Corn Beef and a sack of rice as a going rate. The possibilities of a future brave new world are endless.

Bob

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”