Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Air Partner

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Air Partner

Postby simoan » June 15th, 2020, 5:46 pm

XFool wrote:Post £7.5m Open Offer now - 'To Repay Debt From Redline Buy'

Did anyone here participate via PrimaryBid? First time I had ever heard of it: https://www.primarybid.com

By the time I got around to seeing the email it was all over bar the shouting, or the counting. Anyway, as I gathered you have to pay by debit card, that might well be a problem as it would take a day or so to transfer funds into the DC account.

That's the problem I had with needing to fund from debit card. I don't keep large sums in my bank account, just enough to cover bills etc. and I didn't have time to move money around and sign up for the placing, particularly as it's against the clock because PrimaryBid works on a first come, first served basis i.e. there is no scaling back. It meant I got a pitiful amount of stock but I did get the full amount I was able to subscribe for given the small amount of available funds I had.

Anyway, all I need to do now is get my broker to transfer the shares from the default Jarvis IM account setup by PrimaryBid. That seems to be easier said than done!!

All the best, Si

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » June 15th, 2020, 6:06 pm

simoan wrote:
XFool wrote:Post £7.5m Open Offer now - 'To Repay Debt From Redline Buy'

Did anyone here participate via PrimaryBid? First time I had ever heard of it: https://www.primarybid.com

By the time I got around to seeing the email it was all over bar the shouting, or the counting. Anyway, as I gathered you have to pay by debit card, that might well be a problem as it would take a day or so to transfer funds into the DC account.

That's the problem I had with needing to fund from debit card. I don't keep large sums in my bank account, just enough to cover bills etc. and I didn't have time to move money around and sign up for the placing, particularly as it's against the clock because PrimaryBid works on a first come, first served basis i.e. there is no scaling back. It meant I got a pitiful amount of stock but I did get the full amount I was able to subscribe for given the small amount of available funds I had.

Anyway, all I need to do now is get my broker to transfer the shares from the default Jarvis IM account setup by PrimaryBid. That seems to be easier said than done!!

All the best, Si

Retail involvement in these capital raises is in its infancy. Hopefully, in time, they will sign up platforms directly to make it easier for retail investors to be efficiently involved.

I suspect it is only the fact that we are witnessing a market that has so many capital raises that is accelerating this process, but by the very nature of this acceleration is meaning the evolution of this process can't keep up and satisfy all.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » July 2nd, 2020, 7:48 am

This morning’s shareholder update is as below (I’m incapable of providing extracts from a mobile with ease):

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... e/14600270

Bouleversee will be interested that Lord Lee has disclosed direct and indirect holdings of 4.72%:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... s/14600277

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Thanks PD. Interesting about Lord Lee. Enough to drive the s.p. up over 9% today, which must be around the high for the year, or was it going there anyway? Do you share his enthusiasm for this company?

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » December 22nd, 2020, 11:09 pm

Air charter firms see demand surge as companies bid to beat blockages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55414807

Firms have been chartering private jets to move goods as politicians hammer out a plan to reopen France's border. Charter company Air Charter Service told the BBC it had received more than 800 enquiries from firms looking to avoid disruption around ports. The firm said it was "quite out of the blue", and it had taken 15 bookings.

Air Partner, one of the world's largest air charter providers, also told the BBC it had seen a growing number of requests.

"If the situation in Dover continues, it's not impossible that some businesses will consider air freight for lower-value perishable goods, such as fruit and vegetables, or risk losing their stock altogether," said chief executive Mark Briffa.

The boss of the UK-based firm added that the current closures were "forcing businesses" to carry out back-up plans they might have had in place for a potential no-deal Brexit after the transition period ends on 31 December.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 16th, 2021, 5:27 pm

From yesterday:

Air Partner reports strong JetCard growth

Investigate

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » August 27th, 2021, 5:49 pm

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » January 27th, 2022, 8:12 pm

Recommended cash offer for Air Partner from Wheels Up

https://www.investegate.co.uk/wheels-up ... 00107893Z/

Recommended offer of 125p / share

Represents a C. 50% premium on last night's close.

I hold and whilst I'm happy for the jump I do think they are getting a bargain. They hit north of 150p three years ago and have had a storming post-COVID recovery business-wise, not reflected in the SP.

Considering whether to sell up or see if a higher bid is flushed out. Currently don't have anything I want to buy into so am sitting tight for now.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 27th, 2022, 8:29 pm

AndyPandy wrote:Recommended cash offer for Air Partner from Wheels Up

https://www.investegate.co.uk/wheels-up ... 00107893Z/

Recommended offer of 125p / share

Represents a C. 50% premium on last night's close.

I hold and whilst I'm happy for the jump I do think they are getting a bargain. They hit north of 150p three years ago and have had a storming post-COVID recovery business-wise, not reflected in the SP.

Considering whether to sell up or see if a higher bid is flushed out. Currently don't have anything I want to buy into so am sitting tight for now.

We’ll I’m very happy. You shouldn’t forget there has been dilution by a placing at 75p since the price was 150p. I think the equivalent would be 141p pre placing. Anyone who took part in the placing has had a 66% return and some dividends.

I’ve sold 40% of my holding because there’s a few things I’d rather own.

All the best, Si

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » January 27th, 2022, 9:12 pm

I paid 123p plus charges in May 2017 so won't receive much more than my money back so am not exactly thrilled by that offer. I will also wait to see whether there are any other bidders.

I don't remember anything about the placement. Were we given the opportunity to participate?

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 27th, 2022, 9:39 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I paid 123p plus charges in May 2017 so won't receive much more than my money back so am not exactly thrilled by that offer. I will also wait to see whether there are any other bidders.

I don't remember anything about the placement. Were we given the opportunity to participate?

There is some discussion of the Primary Bid placing earlier on this thread. It was possible to take part but not easy to do so.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » January 27th, 2022, 10:06 pm

Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about that. I probably decided it wasn't worth the hassle or didn't have enough cash in my ISA. It's a bit off that those who did made such a profit in a short time whereas I have made nothing since 2017.

Does Lord Lee write anywhere these days? I always used to read his articles in the FT but I have given that up now as I don't have time to read it.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 27th, 2022, 10:33 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Ah yes. I'd forgotten all about that. I probably decided it wasn't worth the hassle or didn't have enough cash in my ISA. It's a bit off that those who did made such a profit in a short time whereas I have made nothing since 2017.

Does Lord Lee write anywhere these days? I always used to read his articles in the FT but I have given that up now as I don't have time to read it.

I don’t mean to be funny but you’ve had ample opportunity to buy in the market at prices lower than the placing price! Only a couple of weeks ago you could buy at 80p.

No idea about Lord Lee. I don’t follow him.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » January 27th, 2022, 11:06 pm

I'm afraid I have not been following the prices of all my holdings recently for personal reasons so I hadn't noticed that but if I'm honest I probably wouldn't have bought at that point anyway. At least I'll get my money back which be a relief.'

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2022, 4:36 pm

Delisted and gone by now...

Just have to wait for our 125p per share, due by no later than 15 April.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/air-partner-plc--air-/rns/scheme-becomes-effective/202204010700088613G/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » April 9th, 2022, 5:40 pm

Which platform/broker do you use and how did they handle it on your portfolio list? Air Partner was in my ii ISA and I was annoyed to see it had just vanished from the list. When I queried this they put it back on the list showing zero value and 100% loss. Do they all do that? It's not exactly a correct statement of the facts, is it?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2022, 7:08 pm

...Currently I only have Air Partner in one nominee account so I cannot compare directly with others. But I expect it is much the same with most of them.

Since the shares were delisted on 1 April there is no share price shown and so Latest Price, Valuation, Profit/Loss columns are all shown by two asterisks. Currently the 'Epic' has changed from AIR (which is no longer valid) to 172Q, which may just be a private broker code. If you keep an independent portfolio record you could for now substitute the value at 125p per share in anticipation. And remove the record when the cash is received.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » April 9th, 2022, 7:43 pm

Thanks, XFool. Which broker/platform is that? I really can't see why they can't just have an extra line, after the totals, saying what the situation is and what the cash position will be when received. It's quite a shock when you see what the total value has fallen to before you clock that Air P. has been completely removed and valued at zero

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2022, 7:54 pm

Halifax Share Dealing (HSDL) is the one I was referring to.

It's not so much that Air Partner has no value - it has - rather it is no longer quoted on a public stock exchange and so its share certificates, if you have any, are no longer worth the paper they are printed on*. It is a shock if you are not expecting it, as it can be with the share quotation price after a share split.

Then again, I remember one day with another broker when the share prices were suddenly quoted in GBP rather than pence (including AIP/AIR) I was for a time an instant millionaire.

* I suppose, strictly speaking, at present they are worth 125p per share. But you'd have to arrange any sale privately and the only reason for someone to buy them off you would be if you offered them a discount on the price.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » April 9th, 2022, 10:49 pm

Sorry but they have already been bought under the Scheme of Arrangement for a specified sum per share. That sum is owed to me and that imminent credit must have a value/

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”