Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Starcom (TIDM: STAR)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Starcom (TIDM: STAR)

Postby OLTB » August 17th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Afternoon all

One of my AIM ‘punts’ - Starcom - seems to be doing a lot of moving today and yesterday. It was up about 20% yesterday and today it’s up again about 20%.

Starcom usually releases results in August so there maybe some hopeful gambling by some investors on good news perhaps.

Fingers crossed - I’m still about 18% down on my initial investments made in June and July last year but ever hopeful.

Cheers, OLTB

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Re: Starcom (TIDM: STAR)

Postby WickedLester » August 18th, 2020, 12:30 pm

I personally avoid anything Israeli on AIM (as well as anything Ukranian, Chinese etc.) as they often look cheap but i'm not sure how much you can rely on them. It's up to you of course but I believe it may be worth sticking to more trusted countries.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » August 18th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Thanks WL - yes, it is a stray away from my ‘normal’ investments, but I think the upside possibilities with its tracking services (Helios/Tetis/Lokies/Kylos) once normal shipping trade picks up as well as partnerships with CropX in the US make it a worthwhile punt. I haven’t invested a lot of money as it’s very risky so I won’t be affected too much if it crashes and burns.

Shalom, OLTB.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » December 9th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Afternoon all

A couple of unusual buys have popped up with Starcom this morning. Within the space of 20 seconds, there were two buys of two million shares, which is way above standard/normal value of purchases. With the shares valued at approx 1p, a £40k investment is quite a statement! They may be different buyers, but that would be a coincidence. Hopefully some positive news on the way (my average purchase price is 1.45p so about 38% down currently...).

Cheers, OLTB.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » November 20th, 2021, 7:33 am

Morning all and hope everyone is ok.

I still hold Starcom (STAR) but there are some big changes happening on Monday. The company is changing its name to t42 IoT Tracking Solutions plc to reflect more what business it is in (not too sure what the t42 means though - some have said it may be the answer to life the universe and everything...). The new TIDM will be TRAC.

There will also be a share consolidation on a 1 for 8 basis that will also happen on Monday.

The company’s share price has increased by 126% over a month - this has been mainly down to a few rns statements declaring the potential signing of big contracts by the end of the year. On top of this, their software is being used by some large businesses (their CropX by PepsiCo in Mexico) which hopefully delivers large SaaS revenue in the future.

Starcom also won a competition run by DHL in the Summer where they competed against other tracking firms to see which technology was ‘best’. Following on from Starcom winning this, DHL have started a POC trial which, if successful, could be a massive contract.

I don’t mean for this post to sound rampy (although you could argue it is!) but I’m just pleased that after buying the shares over the last few years and holding on it looks to be coming good (now in profit!).

The difficult thing will be knowing when to top slice / sell but that won’t be for a while. All the above information is of course on their rns history if anyone wishes to view.

Have a good weekend and I’m looking forward to seeing what happens for the rest of this year.

Cheers, OLTB.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”