Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Potential Psychedelic Opportunity

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
StockBee

Potential Psychedelic Opportunity

Postby StockBee » April 12th, 2021, 9:37 pm

Lately, psychedelic medical treatments in the US have been gaining more support every day. The support has been coming from doctors, nurses, and medical research companies. They have been having successful treatment of ailments like PTSD, alcoholism, and depression. With the proven success of these treatments and the FDA giving the green light to more research, it has me feeling like this sector may have a new boom on the horizon. Do you see companies that are working on medical psychedelic treatments having some big potential in the coming months? Will this just be a fad and fade out or do you see the potential?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Potential Psychedelic Opportunity

Postby ReformedCharacter » April 13th, 2021, 10:39 am

StockBee wrote:Lately, psychedelic medical treatments in the US have been gaining more support every day. The support has been coming from doctors, nurses, and medical research companies. They have been having successful treatment of ailments like PTSD, alcoholism, and depression. With the proven success of these treatments and the FDA giving the green light to more research, it has me feeling like this sector may have a new boom on the horizon. Do you see companies that are working on medical psychedelic treatments having some big potential in the coming months? Will this just be a fad and fade out or do you see the potential?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers

Not the coming months but definitely coming years. Unfortunately the likes of Tim Leary put the establishment into full-panic mode about the use of psychedelics. But before then, say the 1950's, there was quite a lot of research into the use of psychedelics for medical treatments - but that got stopped. Today, a quick look on Google suggests that there are nearly 8m people in the UK people taking anti-depressants - I've taken them myself. Some of the research by David Nutt and others suggest that psilocybin and similar substances have about 4-5 times the effect of alleviating depression when compared with SSRIs. It's a testament to the stupidity of law-makers and regulators that it has been so difficult for significant research to be undertaken on these chemicals. Just look at the difficulties faced by some people trying to obtain cannabis based compounds for epilepsy treatment, it's crazy. However, many of these substances are already known, such as MDMA which is used for trauma treatment. So I suppose the question is how can the pharmaceutical companies profit from the development of existing and new psychedelics. Presumably there's little money to be made from psilocybin as it couldn't be patented.

RC

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”