Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Equal disclosure and information? Mitchell's and Butlers

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
westmoreland9

Equal disclosure and information? Mitchell's and Butlers

Postby westmoreland9 » April 1st, 2022, 5:10 pm

having a look at mitchell's and butlers, and this company provide a q&a session with professional analysts after each results presentation, however they don't provide a recording or transcript of this, which is standard practice elsewhere. so i asked investor relations for this, the response being 'In regards to your request, we provide a webcast and transcript of the presentation but not of the Q&A'. so i responded by saying that they're effectively telling me that because private investors aren't part of an elite group of city professionals, we can make do with less information. no reply in over a week, so i'm guessing my email's now in the virtual bin.

i'm interested in other people's thoughts here. all they need to do is keep recording, yet they choose to abruptly stop the recording mid sentence when the CEO says 'now for questions'. it's not on really.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Re: Equal disclosure and information? Mitchell's and Butlers

Postby scrumpyjack » April 1st, 2022, 5:25 pm

It has always been the case that analysts are given an inside 'steer' by companies to ensure that their forecasts, and the resulting consensus forecasts, are aligned with what Management expect.The distinction between being well informed of a company's trading and outlook and being given inside information is very blurred! That is one reason why analysts' upgrades or downgrades can have a big effect on the share price.

westmoreland9

Re: Equal disclosure and information? Mitchell's and Butlers

Postby westmoreland9 » April 1st, 2022, 5:30 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:It has always been the case that analysts are given an inside 'steer' by companies to ensure that their forecasts, and the resulting consensus forecasts, are aligned with what Management expect.The distinction between being well informed of a company's trading and outlook and being given inside information is very blurred! That is one reason why analysts' upgrades or downgrades can have a big effect on the share price.

i'm saying either they have a q&a, open to all, or they don't. there's no grey area here IMV. what they're doing here, purposely giving more explanations to the city is unacceptable.

i've been trying to find out if this is something i can complain about, and if so, where. they're the only company i've seen do this out of dozens and dozens. as a point aside, they have corporate governance issues, and seem to not give a proverbial.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”