Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Transferring SIPP - Interserve

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
StillFedUp

Transferring SIPP - Interserve

Postby StillFedUp » July 31st, 2022, 12:13 pm

I have been transferring my SIPP from BestInvest.

The portfolio included shares in Interserve, which remained visible but with a zero value since the company went into administration in 2019.
I have long assumed that was the end of it and was puzzled that the asset remained in my portfolio all this time.

The Interserve shares cannot be transferred to the new provider (not a big issue), but in order to close my account at BestInvest I need to sign a letter assigning the beneficial interest in these shares over to BestInvest.

Is the Interserve story done and dusted? Should I sign this letter or is there some chance of value left in these long-defunct shares?

The Interserve website no longer appears to be active but their recruitment pages seem to be and they have vacancies (with a 2022 copyright notice at the bottom of the page - might be automatically updated)?

Confused SFU.

SPURLEY
2 Lemon pips

Re: Transferring SIPP - Interserve

Postby SPURLEY » August 2nd, 2022, 11:17 am

Hello I do not have an answer , but I had a few shares in Interserve in certificate form from several years ago . I tore up the certificate last year and binned it . I see now that MITIE has taken on Interserve`s staff and contracts , so to me Interserve shares have no value .

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”