Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

GACB Liquidity

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Dicky99
Lemon Slice

GACB Liquidity

Postby Dicky99 » March 26th, 2024, 3:10 pm

On II I've been unable to obtain a live sell quote for any more than 2500 x GACB for about a week and a half now. GACA has no such issue.
It's no big deal because I'm not in a rush and will sell when the price is favourable to me but just wondering if this is par for the course with some prefs?

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: GACB Liquidity

Postby simoan » March 26th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Dicky99 wrote:On II I've been unable to obtain a live sell quote for any more than 2500 x GACB for about a week and a half now. GACA has no such issue.
It's no big deal because I'm not in a rush and will sell when the price is favourable to me but just wondering if this is par for the course with some prefs?

There’s no doubt GACB is less liquid than GACA - past 3 months average daily volume is 1/3 of GACA according to my data. There have been two trades in excess of 2,500 shares today and yesterday there were a couple of trades > 10,000. I think the issue is likely to be with your broker. Maybe it’s something they will only trade over the phone?

All the best, Si

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”