Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Grenfell fallout: Mears Group ?

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Grenfell fallout: Mears Group ?

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 15th, 2017, 11:24 am

Mears Group interims today.

Profit warning: expectations down from £830m to £800m, due to Grenfell fallout. Specifically, regular works (Mears' business) being delayed as safety work takes precedence. Shares down 7-8%.

Language is otherwise broadly positive, and this is a company with a reassuring track record. I treated today's fall as a top-up opportunity.

I wonder who's benefiting from emergency works? Not, it seems, Mears. What would it do for all the shorters if Carillion had a finger in the unexpected pie?

[edit] Mods - this should probably be on share ideas. I was struggling to think of an appropriate board for it.

Moderator Message:
Moved per your request, and title adjusted for clarity. You are correct this is the more suitable forum area for individual share ideas. For the future please note the fastest way to contact the relevant mod is via the ! button to report a post. Excuse delay but it can take two mods to act together to move a post/thread between two different forum areas. regards, dspp

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Grenfell fallout: Mears Group ?

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 17th, 2017, 9:50 am

TMF editorial likes Mears: http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2017/08 ... his-stock/

Casting a shadow over my top-up?

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”