Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Guided tour The Mansion House

London Locals helping visitors and locals alike
forgotusername
Lemon Pip

Guided tour The Mansion House

Postby forgotusername » June 20th, 2022, 4:26 pm

Recently spent a few days in London and booked a tour of the Mansion House. It was excellent and having only recently restarted after covid restrictions, there were only three of us on the tour. The guide was knowledgeable, friendly and good humoured. We got to see all the rooms that VIP's use and some fascinating facts about the role of the Lord Mayor and his regalia. As it happened, an artist was painting the portrait of the outgoing mayor in one of the rooms and became involved in the conversation which was genuinely entertaining.

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone with an hour to spare (and it costs less than a tenner). If travelling by tube, the nearest station is Bank, not Mansion House bizarrely.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/about-u ... ouse-tours

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Re: Guided tour The Mansion House

Postby brightncheerful » August 10th, 2023, 10:30 am

When i was at school in the City, applications to become a pupol had to be counter-signed by an indepwndent person that coulch vouch for respectability or such.

At the time my father was acquainted with the Lotd Mayor so he asked if His Worship would be so good as…

Return to “London lovers”