Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 74

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 74

Postby UncleIan » May 11th, 2020, 11:56 am

I went for it this week, at home to 6th, one point ahead of us in 7th. If there's any time to go for it, then this was it. 2-5-3 with 2xWO and 2x CDO, a MOTS. We had 97% of possession chances in midfield. They went with a curious 3-4-3 CA, with IMs and wingers defensive. CA a good tactic for them as they beat me in defence and attack. Still a weird formation for CA though.

First half and we got out of the blocks quickly, scoring from a corner and another from open play, we missed a chance then they had a winger sent off. We missed another chance (uh oh) then they scored on the counter attack. 2-1 half time score.

Second half we had four more reported chances, and scored two of them. While they had none. 4-1 final score. Just what the doctor ordered. Chances were 11-1!

Obviously we overtake them to go 6th, on 15 points, while they're on 13. For the last game we are away to 5th, but they're three points and +18 goal diff ahead, so 6th is the best I can hope for. 7th are at home, but are playing 3rd, who luckily have something to play for, as if they lost they might drop into 5th with other unlikely results. I think that should be an away win, all things being equal, but I won't be counting on that. As for me, not sure I've got the team to get a result against 5th, they outclass me in midfield. No really. I have 3x mythical IMs and I might be looking at only getting 35% possession. They do swap things about a bit though, but I'd expect if they look at the ratings, they'll be all out attack, as they outclass me there. This could be ugly.

Good luck for the last round every(any)one!

Ian

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » May 13th, 2020, 9:10 pm

A mixed set of results has worked out for us, sort of.
We were 6th at home to 1st, hoping for both 5th and 7th to drop points as we weren't confident it would all go our way. True enough we lost 1-2 at home, having held the champions for much of the game, but they nicked it near the end. 5th also pulled off a win and so became uncatchable, 6th was best we could do.
Fortunately 7th came a cropper and lost away 4-1, and remain 5 pts behind with a game to go,so 6th it is for us, and a qualifier.
Our last game is away to 7th, so its time to rest a few, go PIC for team spirit and hope for a good draw in the qualifiers.
Our series is ranked 47 of 64, not a strong league so we may end up with a more than decent oppo. Anyway, good luck to all in the final round...

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » May 18th, 2020, 12:53 pm

Last round of the season, and we're away to 6th, they outclass me in midfield. The mind boggles, I have two mythical and a magical, and two wingers with okay IM, what the blinking heck have they got? Actually, they outclassed me in midfield playing 3-4-3. I'm playing 3-5-2. They play AIM with all IMs
offensive, and the WTM. I'm 3-5-2 with both wingers offensive. They have 76% possession. Anyhoo...

A win would see me stay 6th, anything else I'd be relying on the 7th not winning at home to 4th.

By the end of the first half, we've injured their winger, who is replaced by another monster. We've had no chances, but my man marking has been mentioned in the report. We are losing 1-0. In the 7th v 4th match 7th have had a WB injured, and the sub-WB injured, very unfortunate because the sub-sub is a 17 y/o trainee, solid at best by the look of it. Halftime score there was 1-1. So currently, I was safe.

Second half and in my game we went 2-0 down before we both missed a couple of chances, they scored again, in the 83rd minute. This was only going one way. In the other match, 7th had gone behind, then equalised, then also in the 83rd minute, went ahead, as it stands, we're going down and they stay up (qualy depending). 7th's opponents switched to 3-4-3 and lo and behold, they scored! 3-3. Could they hold on to it? They then both missed chances. I was watching this live, and the ref announced FIVE minutes of extra time, squeaky bum time! Luckily for me, that was that, and it was a 3-3 final score.

We finish 6th on 15 points, while they finish 7th on 14 points. Phew!

So we get a qualifier. First glance, they always play 4-3-3 in the league, and either AIM or CA. Looks like I'll have all the ball but can I shove it in the net? Better set my penalty takers.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » May 18th, 2020, 1:46 pm

that was certainly a bit squeaky UncleIan, especially getting 5 minutes extra time. Almost like the real thing, if I can recall those heady days of March 2020 when we had something called 'sport'....

Our game was the proverbial dead rubber, already secure in 6th, and away to relegated 7th. Chance to PIC and rest some. We eventually came out 0-3 winners after a quiet first half, only issue was a +1 to one that wasn't rested, but should be OK for the qualifier. Our qualifier opponent will give us a game, we edge them, just, on most fronts but not enough to say its a foregone conclusion, far from it. Tactics will edge this one, our defences outgun our attacks, but I can take midfield. I always struggle to stay in series IV :)

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » May 19th, 2020, 7:57 am

Div IV

I'm 1 point behind 3rd, same GD, who I play this week.
Decided to hedge my bets in the final game. Full first XI but playing extreme CA 523 (PIC). If I win, I get 3rd. If I lose and drop into the qualifiers I will have a nice TS.
Which probably means I'll lose but so will 5th, so I'll be in the no mans land of 4th spot....

My match was a 1-1 draw, which means I've ended up in no-mans 4th spot.

Div V

In 4th and can't catch 3rd.
5th is playing 1st, and will probably lose.
So I'll end up in the no mans land of 4th....

Yep - 2nd team also ended up in no-mans 4th spot...

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » May 26th, 2020, 10:34 am

the struggle didnt materialise, we won our qualifier 5-1 to stay in series IV. For the coming season we have a bot and a weaker team, which means I am fighting to do better than 5th/6th again. In the absence of 'real' football, roll on next season....

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » May 26th, 2020, 11:21 am

Eastheath wrote:the struggle didnt materialise, we won our qualifier 5-1 to stay in series IV. For the coming season we have a bot and a weaker team, which means I am fighting to do better than 5th/6th again. In the absence of 'real' football, roll on next season....

I had a team that was predictable, unfortunately it was a 4-3-3 CA or AIM, something I can do very little about, not sure why not, my strikers should be pretty decent, but they seem to be struggling of late. So we went 2-5-3 in a keep the ball and try and break the wall down. And set penalty takers.

First half, we had a free kick, missed. 0-0 half time.

Second half we scored on 61', they failed with a counter attack, and then we missed a couple more chances, and that was that.

1-0 final score, and so that's the playoff survived. Just. Chances were 9-1. See what I mean about my strikers?

1st lost there promotion qualifier, and 5th won theirs, so it's just the two promotees to worry about, and a very brief look at the stats suggest I should be very worried indeed. Next season might get ugly.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”