Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Dormouse,Silverstar64,dave559,OLTB,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 77

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Bink333
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 77

Postby Bink333 » February 17th, 2021, 3:51 pm

This season has been a bit intense, the new format of international games having to prep Friday & Monday for the opening fixtures has kept me busy.

My week 5/6 update.

England

5 wins from 5 sees me topping the table by +7GD. I'm home to 2nd on Sunday. I've lined up a buyer for The Zombie, Alex who gave him his first U20 cap will take him on for defender training in a couple of months when his scoring reaches 8. 30 weeks of that and then he'll need rehoming with a PM trainer to go to 19 (to suit the Support Spec trigger requiring higher main skill than the opposing team average).

In the Cup I made it to R6, facing a II team that had gone to extra time in R5, and whom seemed possible to beat. I won 4-2 last night, to become the lowest ranked team left in the Cup. The England U21 manager has agreed to provide a few questions for me to celebrate facing the Champions of England in a press article due for next week. I've met Derim at an Edinburgh Social (and Jack for that matter at the same event) and last faced him 17 seasons ago in R7 having beaten Posti in R6 4-2. I beat Derim in R7 that time, a lucky one, and I'd have to be stupidly lucky to repeat this against a full stamina Prem side when my best player is still U26 at 10% stamina.

England U21 had a hiccough against Albania, but responded with 7 goals without reply to defeat the mighty Italy 4-0 and Northern Ireland 0-3. That puts us in a strong position to qualify for the WC at the half-way stage and in contention to win the group to get to the playoff stages for Champions of Europe. We do have a tough group though, Sweden has had some tough luck and Slovenia can never be under-estimated.

Oceania

5 wins from 5 sees me topping the table by 3pts & +10GD. The sale of my GK did not materialise - and I did see a couple of Chines unpredictable NT GK that would have made perfect replacements sell within budget (had my GK sold) . The Cup run was cut short by another Wombat titled team and the 100x replays suggested it was a coin toss who went through. One of the closes replays I've ever seen with a straight 50/50 no draws, most common scoreline 1-0 or 0-1. They man-marked my best forward which wasn't quite as effective as my powerful defender playing as an IM marking one of their forwards. Cracking game, and my opponent Revtonka is part of the Oceanian Slack community - which made it more fun. I did buy a reserve GK - one I trained myself as a home grown until I decided to focus on Wb. He's getting on a bit now but decent cover with Oceanian wages is something I have to consider. Training defending full time is over at last. I've been playing 2-5-3 in the support cup games while training passing. 6 weeks or so of that and then stamina goes up with SP training.

South Africa.

3 wins one draw and a loss sees me top of the table on 10pts. 5th is on 9pts - I'm away to them next. This one looks like a fun season! I had to raise stamina and keep a form coach, as my home grown no spec player has been called for U21 duty. I had 40% stamina for then 25% and this week down to 12% as he's turned 20 and it is easier to hold excellent stamina at that age than at 19 something. He Captained the team against Nigeria as he has passable leadership and I've been tidy with his xp gains along the way, so that's a nice reward for the defender training (which has a season left before I return to GK). I got knocked out by a II side in the Cup, and then exacted revenge by knocking them out of the consolation Cup last week.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 18th, 2021, 10:28 am

Div IV

In the league I faced the bottom team at home. They are yet to win a game in the league, and I duly punished them in an easy 4-0 win.
Now up to 4th, and sitting comfortable. The title race is long gone, so content with a mid-table finish.

In the Cup I sacrificed a little defense training to go 352 AOW. Opponent went 523 CA.
A nervy start saw me 1-0 down at half time, and suffering confusion with the new formation. But with a total of 9 attacks, of which 8 went to my stronger wing attacks, goals were inevitable. Final score 2-1 and through to round 7.

Next week I play 7th away from home in the league, and should win OK.
The Cup is a little trickier - neutral venue and playing a high flying Div II team who is knocking on the door of the premiership. They have the much better team which is always difficult to overcome no matter how inventive your tactics are.

Div V

In 1st, playing 7th, at home. Straight forward 5-0 win.

Still in the Tom DHT losers cup with a tentative 1-0 win.

Bot team in the league this week, freeing up the first team for the Cup.

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » February 18th, 2021, 10:33 am

Donut102 wrote:
Can someone on here give an intelligent explanation what this Hattrick ................. is all about please.

It's an online football management game here:
http://www.hattrick.org
Free to play, browser based with an app as well.
No relation to FPL.

Why not play in the Lemon Fool FPL League?

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 18th, 2021, 11:17 am

Why not play in the Lemon Fool FPL League?

I do - currently sitting in 11th spot, out of 13. :(

However Hattrick isn't Fantasy Football, but a Football Management game. It's more like a slimmed down Championship manager in MMORPG environment, with fictional players.

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » February 22nd, 2021, 5:36 pm

Well, we squeaked through the Conspirator Cup 1-2, which was nice and then this week in the league we squeaked out another win, at home 2-1 to a close rival that we really had to beat (2-0 would have felt better but they got a last minute consolation). It leaves us in 4th on 9pts.

The next two games are the back to backs against Bink's team. They're likely to go his way, which is why I had to win yesterdays game. I will let Bink explain the humdinger of a game he's just played against his only rival! Playing me will be a doddle....

Next Cup game is away and there's not a lot in it - there is 1 pt between us in power ratings. Guess its down to who wants it more, again...

ChiliMonster

Postby ChiliMonster » February 23rd, 2021, 11:43 am

England III
Cup
Home to Malin Uniited, who knocked me out of George Carey Cup last season. I got a bit more possession than I had anticipated and our attack/defence rations were similar, but they played creatively (+23) with 10 unpredictable outfield players. I took the lead, they went 1-2 up, then in the 90th minute I equalised. Come extra time the two IM subs I had made on 70 and 75 mins paid off as their stamina faded and I became more dominant. I scored the winner on 100 mins.
This week on neutral territory to a Div II 5-5-0 LS team. I tried my tactics against this formation in a tournament game last week and it didn't work well. With my best available forwards being in weak and inad-bruised form, it's going to be tough. I've got my man-marker set. Let's see what happens.

League
I was in 5th and at home. Having lost the last three I really needed to get back to winning, but two injured forwards makes my attack toothless. Opposition played 3-5-2 CA. I got 85% possession but only 10% attack ratios. They won 0-1. Down to seventh. Not good. Let's hope form returns. My last injured forward should return to bruised before the next league game.

England VI
2-0 home win. I remain in second, though 7 points clear of the only other active team in the league, who I have a double header coming up against. There is an ownerless team who is doggedly staying on top. I hope to pass them at some point in the next few weeks.

Vietnam V
Only two other active teams (not including one that has just logged in for the first time in about 6 weeks) and I have just reported them for cheating as they always log in within 10 minutes of each other from the same IP. I had a 0-5 away win to a bot. Now top where I expect to remain.

Kevster

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 24th, 2021, 9:00 am

Div IV

Next week I play 7th away from home in the league, and should win OK.
The Cup is a little trickier - neutral venue and playing a high flying Div II team who is knocking on the door of the premiership. They have the much better team which is always difficult to overcome no matter how inventive your tactics are.

The league game was a straight forward 2-0 win. Up to 3rd, but 6 points off the league leader.

For the Cup, I went 532 extreme CA with just 1 inner midfielder. The plan was was working, and we took an early 1-0 lead. Unfortunately my PNF took a knock and was subbed off, and my attack ratings fell apart. With no ability to get another goal, an equaliser was inevitable which took us into extra time. At that point it was a contest of my superior stamina vs his superior experience. Experience won, and they scored 2 in extra time to dump me out of the Cup.

I think the league has gone, so I'll drop stamina down to 10% and try and finish off the defender training. I also need to take a hard look at the strikers and refresh and replace as necessary.

Div V

Bot team in the league this week, freeing up the first team for the Cup.

Made hard work of the bot team, winning only 2-0. Still top of the league on 16 points.
2nd lost, and 3rd drew - which has given me a little breathing space over my main rivals. Now 4 points clear of 2nd.

Consolation Cup game was a straight forward 5-0 win. A quick look at next weeks opponent indicates this is the end of the road - which is fine given the real possibility of a league title.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”