Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gadjet,niord,88V8,Wasron,PeterGray, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 80

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
ChiliMonster
Lemon Pip

Hattrick Season 80

Postby ChiliMonster » December 18th, 2021, 4:21 pm

Another season, a few changes. Pre-season preview:

Kevster's were demoted as planned, had a long-overdue name change to Red-Hot Chili Devils and following a league swap are now in V.234. I hope to finish third or possibly second this season. The rebuild continues and we have another 20 or so weeks of def training before switching to PM.

Fly Suckers were promoted to a scary-looking league and so switched to V.98. Bernard Haw promoted from the youth team with no spec, so I decided to sell and he went for £320K. Still looking for an incentive to change my training from PM. We're already out of the Cup following a mistake in not setting a condition on a player swap meaning at 3-2 up on 87 minutes I swapped an IM with a def for a little bit of training, conceded an equaliser on 90 minutes and lost in extra-time. Targeting third place in the league.

In Vietnam, there has been a massive increase in active teams from <300 to >6,000, meaning Div III is no longer in the bottom 3 tiers, so league swapping was not an option, but I am possibly in the 'easiest' anyway. It did mean no-one could move in to switch with our newly botified team. Hoi An Lunt Kickers will continue their core build with another 15 or 16 weeks of def training. The other impact of the increase in active teams is that the Cup competition has expanded from 8 or 9 rounds to 13, meaning I may get several rounds against bots or very new teams, allowing a chance to build experience with my HG core. I hope to finish third again or possibly second in the league this season. I do not want to promote yet.

I'll mention the new sponsor setup. As I said, each team is targeting third place, which is not guaranteed. So i compared the 'safe' option with the option including a top-three finish bonus. I would need 5 away clean sheets or 43 goals (not counting more than 5 in a game) just to match the safe option. Other offers required 10 wins and 28 away goals just to beat the safe option. Clearly these were not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hattrick Season 80

Postby Eastheath » December 19th, 2021, 12:42 am

We are trying our luck again in series IV, for the umpteenth time.
A quick check of our rivals, which include two drop ins, suggests we will do well to get 5th place. Our fans say a mid table finish would be nice.
We kick off at home against the other auto promotee, His preference appears to be 5-2-3, so I guess we will win midfield, question is can we score as well.

Cup round 1 was an uninspired 0-3 win against a bot, round 2 is a series V playing 4-5-1 long shots, so an entirely different proposition. Will be fun trying our hand to beat that one with the trainees.

Sponsorship - the only option that worked for us was the fixed income per game. Clean sheets and away wins are not my speciality!

Have brought a defender on board, let an older one go, and added a scoring trainee. Will sell an older striker at some point to help fund some midfield rejuvenation. Good luck all

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » December 23rd, 2021, 4:56 pm

Round 1 in the league went as expected, a tough match to break through a five man defence but we did it once and 1-0 was enough for the three points.
So far so good.
Cup round 2 also went our way, another defence that needed cracking, this one was a bit easier at 0-3.

Next league game while we are on the Baileys and Quality Streets is away to a better team (on paper) so will have to see if I can find the right tactics.
Next Cup game round 3 is away to a well matched team, we will need the full first XI (bar the trainees) to give them a game.

Seasons greeting to all.

ChiliMonster
Lemon Pip

Postby ChiliMonster » December 24th, 2021, 2:46 am

Week 1

Red-Hot Chili Devils
Eng V.234

9-0 win in the first round of the league is a great start. After round 2 of the Cup I'm the only only team in my V league still in the English Cup. I'm confident of an away league victory this week and in round 3 of the Cup, too.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98

I lost R1 of the Cup, but won away in the league. I think I'm playing the three weakest teams in my league if the first three rounds, so I have achnace to build up TS with PICs. I won my first round of the Craig Wozniak Cup and should win the next (away) too.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers Vietnam III.11

Somewhat diappointed with the 1-1 draw in round 1 of the league at home. I expect to win away with CA in the league this weekend. 2 bots in the Cup so far and another one next week. I should get to R6 or 7 of the Cup before enountering a competitive team. It's been a while since I've been able to say that in England.

Merry Christmas,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
Lemon Pip

Postby ChiliMonster » January 1st, 2022, 2:11 am

Week 2

Red-Hot Chili Devils Eng V.234

1-6 away win in the league. I'm beginning to worry that I could win this league. It's early, of course, but the strongest team is now ownerless and will presumably turn bot after week 7. There is one team pulls similar hatstats to me, so there is some competition. I'm still the Cup (two rounds further than any other in this league), but will be against a top Div III team, so expect to go out.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98

A 5-0 home league win puts me in second. I'm also revising my estimations for this season up to a firm second at the end of the season. Still in the Wozniak Cup, with away matches.

Straightforward away win, 0-4. Still in Cup and R4 will see me face my first active team, albeit one that's less than a season old. Defending training is progressing well and can now get E-T CA ratings.

Happy New Year.

Kevster

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » January 5th, 2022, 12:34 am

Happy New Year!

The Week 2 league game went better than expected, with a 0-5 away win. It was 0-3 with 4 mins to go when they lost a defender to injury, after which we quickly nicked two more goals. That kept us top of the table.

Despite playing Cup round 3 with a full squad, except for trainee strikers, I paid the price for not going the whole hog. They scored three times, we equlalised each time, 3-3 at full time so extra time beckoned, and then another equaliser was needed to make it 4-4 before penalties. Despite setting penalties, we went out 10-9. Ugh. Into the Conspirator Cup we go.....

Week 3 league game was a comfortable 4-0 home win so we continue to stay top, Pld 3 W3, goals F10 A0, not used to this in series IV.

Conspirator Cup week 1 of 10 started with a 0-3 away win.

Week 4 in the league we are away to an equally matched side which has had an indifferent start, but it will be our toughest game to date and probably a good test.

e

ChiliMonster
Lemon Pip

Postby ChiliMonster » January 7th, 2022, 9:26 pm

Week 3

Red-Hot Chili Devils Eng V.234

Another win in the league, keeping me top. I expect to win away next week too. Well and truly knocked out of the Cup in R4. Into the Conspirator Cup, where hopefully I'll last 2 or 3 weeks for a bit of revenue.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
Doing well in the League with 9 points. I'm second, home to third next week which I hope to win. Still in Wozniak Cup with agood chance of progressing another round.

My 1-0 victory in the League looked harder than it needed to be, albeit against a similarly skilled team. They always play 5-4-1 CA regardless of the expected midfield outcome (not the only team in this league to do that). They also play a TDF (whose TSI is half their total squad's - I contemplated MM him, but I don't have a Powerful def strong enough at the moment), so their attack ratings are quite low, leading to a potential stalemate. I played 532 CA and, as expected, was losing MF but they were never going to get through my defence. An injury to their TDF, then an IM getting sent off in the first half ironically swung the MF battle so that I was winning it and they now got a CA chance, but it was me that scored the only goal.

Still in the Cup and in R5 I will still be playing a team that's only been around for 10 weeks. The frustrating thing is all these Cup games away in 12,000-seater stadiums, meaning there's not much money yet. The next two league games are against bots, so guaranteed points and opportunity to max experience for my core trainees.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » January 11th, 2022, 3:51 pm

Rounds 3 and 4

League
Round 3 saw us manage a comfortable 4-0 home win, which kept us top despite the odds.
Round 4 was our sternest test to date, we went down 2-0 away to a team with a beefy midfield and defence, and have dropped to equal third.
As a sign of things to come, we have played the four lowest team, and lost to one of them. We have still to play the three highest teams, which might not be the best news!
The next game is away to the other team in equal third

Conspirator Cup
We won our first CC cup game 0-3, tonight we are home to a team we can beat on the day. Hoping today's the day ;-)

e

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » Yesterday, 6:13 pm

Meh

Conspirator Cup, Round 2 we went out 2-4, they wanted it more than we did.

League Round 5
We went down 3-0 away, which was a little bit unfair (last two goals were very late) although a defeat was on the cards. That drops us to 4th and probably the right place in the league for once. Being top gave us a nosebleed, anyway.....

Next we are at home to the team at the top, then the back to backs are against the team in 2nd, then its the top team again. Thats not a nice run, but we will have to scavenge something out of it otherwise it will be another relegation struggle.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”