Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Football VAR

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Laughton
Lemon Slice

Football VAR

Postby Laughton » November 1st, 2019, 12:03 pm

Sorry if this topic has already been covered and my query answered but:

Why does the Premier League not adopt the same approach as rugby union?

I don't go to football or rugby union matches and only watch football highlights on MOTD but it seems so obvious to me that the rugby union way of doing things is so much better. The referee is always the ultimate decision maker, the fans in the stadia seem to be much better involved (they see on big screens what the referee and the television audience sees). The referee is miked up and the tv audience and, presumably, the fans in the stadium hear the referee's reasoning for his ultimate decision.

Maybe there aren't big screen tvs in the football stadia?? I can't think of another reason for not going the same way as rugby.

People may say that the game becomes too disjointed with the delays taken by VAR decision making but would it take so much longer the rugby way? And the rugby way has the advantage of the fans actually seeing the replays rather than being left in limbo and with no explanation of the decision made as currently.

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: Football VAR

Postby BobbyD » November 1st, 2019, 9:28 pm

Maybe there aren't big screen tvs in the football stadia?? I can't think of another reason for not going the same way as rugby.

There aren't big screens in all Prem grounds.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”