Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Rugby

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Rugby

Postby Howyoudoin » February 8th, 2020, 5:07 pm

In my local pub which is an ‘Irish pub’ watching the Scotland vs England rugby game.

Some Welsh are still here too seeing as the Ireland v Wales games finished a little while ago.

All of the Scottish, Irish and Welsh are cheering on Scotland.

So just me supporting England. In a pub in England.

It’s hilarious really when you think about it.

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Rugby

Postby Howyoudoin » February 8th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Indeed Snorvey.

I know you are being facetious but when anyone asks why the majority of those who voted in England, voted for Brexit, please remember your answer above.

HYD

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » February 13th, 2020, 11:07 am

Not in the least surprised that they all backed Scotland HYD. Most Kiwis will even back Australia against England.
We are the Millwall of nations. We don't care. We won.

It was a hideous game however, mainly die to the conditions. It was also ugly against France. England have adopted "battering ram" tactics and I hate it. Whatever happened to the concept of fast flowing rugby?

todthedog
Lemon Slice

Postby todthedog » February 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm

I'm English, and I too loathe the battering ram tactics, and the boorish manager.
Allez les bleus! :lol:

While in full rant mode :D

Don't like 23 man rugby
The scrums a mess.
Not keen on lifting in the lineout.
Has video added to the wealth of human happiness?

I'll get my coat :roll:

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 13th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Leothebear wrote:
It was a hideous game however, mainly die to the conditions. It was also ugly against France. England have adopted "battering ram" tactics and I hate it. Whatever happened to the concept of fast flowing rugby?

I think youve answered your own question, at least wrt the scotland game. I was in the ground - strewth it was grim. To be totally fair given the horrendous swirling winds and sheeting rain, handling throughout the game by both sides was really very good. some of the application of kicking from hand was a bit naive (trying to be kind here) but overall the conditios dictated the tactics ... get territory, keep it centre field and play for goal kicks and rumbled tries.

Against france - not that France didnt deserve their win or England played well. but the opening week is often the shonkiest in the 6N as teams are ring rusty. The more telling thing for me v France was how some players from a certain club seemed to be distracted. How often does Farrell drop standard passes for starters?

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 13th, 2020, 3:00 pm

todthedog wrote:Not keen on lifting in the lineout.

I played both befrore and after lifting was introduced.

Lets just say that post-lifting allowance it gave me as a prop a LEGITIMATE and LEGAL job to do as a lifter. Prior to that my job was at best to get in the way of the oppo and at worst basically beat the living crap out of them.

didds

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”