Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

'At Home with Cricket'

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

'At Home with Cricket'

Postby PinkDalek » March 28th, 2020, 11:55 am

With thanks to Marylebone Cricket Club, here are a couple of suggested items available to watch online:

2020 LOCKDOWN PERFORMANCE
WHEN THE EYE HAS GONE
By Dougie Blaxland
https://www.roughhousetheatre.com/lockdown-performance (60 minutes)

The one-man show, commissioned by the Professional Cricketers’ Association in 2016, dramatises the life of Colin Milburn (Northants and England) ...

FROM THE ARCHIVES:
LORD'S TEST DOCUMENTARY, 1948
England v Australia 1948 Ashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xXMHXUMZg (17 minutes)

Narration spoken by Sir Ralph Richardson and John Arlott ... weaves footage from the 1948 Test Match between England and Australia ... into a general film about cricket ... includes a spin masterclass

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: 'At Home with Cricket'

Postby bungeejumper » March 30th, 2020, 9:42 am

Oh, thank god. For a moment I thought you were going to talk about Subbuteo cricket? :lol: Which was what my fellow teachers used to play, somewhat noisily, in the staffroom during lunch hours, during those five awful years when I was workin' down the school mine. It may well have been one of the reasons why I grabbed the chance to get out and do something else. ;)

Not that my escape from cricket was total, though. I landed up in Somerset, where some local guys called Botham and Richards seemed to be the big cheeses of the day. I must look them up some time and find out how their careers turned out?

Whatever. Maybe I'll use my enforced captivity to mug up on the rites and codes of this mysterious religion. Whatever you're doing, enjoy it!

BJ

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 30th, 2020, 5:07 pm

bungeejumper wrote:Oh, thank god. For a moment I thought you were going to talk about Subbuteo cricket?

That's a great suggestion. We'll get my set out shortly. I've yet to finish my 19XX County Season and this would be a good a time as any. Fred Titmus (RIP) is raring to bowl ...

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 31st, 2020, 8:48 am

PinkDalek wrote:With thanks to Marylebone Cricket Club, here are a couple of suggested items available to watch online:

2020 LOCKDOWN PERFORMANCE
WHEN THE EYE HAS GONE
By Dougie Blaxland
https://www.roughhousetheatre.com/lockdown-performance (60 minutes)

The one-man show, commissioned by the Professional Cricketers’ Association in 2016, dramatises the life of Colin Milburn (Northants and England) ...

I nsaw this at Bath CC a couple of years ago when it was on tour.

very excellent piece of writing, actig and production. defiitely worthwhile even if you are maybe not a cricket fan - its probably qworth checking out Milburn's wiki page first for some background asnd context if you dont know his eventually sad tale already

didds

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 4th, 2020, 11:57 am

England v Australia 2009 | Lord's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yieMPFRFvo

20 minutes of entertainment.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”