Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Wales. Golf. Madrid..

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Wales. Golf. Madrid..

Postby Itsallaguess » July 14th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Interesting summing up here of the Gareth Bale situation at Real Madrid.

I always think it's very sad to see sporting talent being wasted in this way, but it's an indication of where modern football can find itself sometimes, with hard-clashes of huge ego's and enough money on all sides to mean that winning the off-field media battle becomes more important than winning the on-field footballing ones -

While Zinedine Zidane is not generally regarded as being tactically the most sophisticated in the world, the trust and understanding he builds with all of his players is frequently cited as being second to none and the key to his success.

He understands them, he was one of them. He gives chances to anyone.

Gareth Bale would beg to differ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53403060

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Re: Wales. Golf. Madrid..

Postby Maroochydore » July 16th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Not the first. Winston Bogarde played 12 times for Chelsea and refused to transfer. He was on a - relatively - modest £40,000 a week and earned £10 million over the four years of sitting out his contract.

Mind you, at £350,000 per week, I think I'd sit tight like Bale.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 16th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Maroochydore wrote:Mind you, at £350,000 per week, I think I'd sit tight like Bale.

Not bad work if you can get it. And another La Liga medal in the trophy cabinet tonight!

All the best, Si

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 16th, 2020, 11:58 pm

During my working career there was a period of several years when every single project i worked on was cancelled, for various reasons. So in a sense I know what it is like to be paid well (but not that well) to do nothing. Sometimes I was on a fixed length contract and the project was cancelled but they still had to pay me.

Can't say it ever bothered me. In fact in some ways it was easier because I wasn't on the hook for anything, and it still looked good on a CV. Too bad I don't like golf.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”