Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Eng V Pakistan

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: Eng V Pakistan

Postby jackdaww » August 22nd, 2020, 6:32 am

Leothebear wrote:When was there a better partnership than Crawley's and Buttler's today?

I only saw BBC2's highlights but what I saw was high quality batting that turned the game. Crawley looks real class. Buttler agan showed his batting alone makes him worthy of his cap. A delight to see them punish a useful Pakistan bowling unit.

===============================

crawley is definitely a find , and pope also looks promising .

not convinced though that pakistan's bowling is that good.

:)

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » August 23rd, 2020, 7:37 pm

I think Buttler has shown in the last two matches that he has what it takes to be a very good test batsman. Averages don't tell the whole story and his have been affected by being sent out to try to score quick runs on numerous occasions, unselfishly sacrificing his wicket trying to advance the team's cause without worrying about his personal stats. Foakes may be a technically better wicketkeeper, but I think I prefer Buttler's potential to "make things happen", much in the same vein as Stokes (who only averages 37.8, after all). Three excellent catches today, when the rest of the team seemed worryingly butter-fingered, should hopefully have assuaged a few doubts. I'm all for picking potential match-winners and he certainly has that quality.

Anyway, the only issue to be decided now is whether Jimmy can get to be the first seamer to reach 600 wickets - judging by the performance of his fielders so far (with the exception of Buttler), his best bet is to bowl at the stumps!

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » August 25th, 2020, 12:06 am

[quote="CryptoPlankton"
Anyway, the only issue to be decided now is whether Jimmy can get to be the first seamer to reach 600 wickets - judging by the performance of his fielders so far (with the exception of Buttler), his best bet is to bowl at the stumps![/quote]

that's the mockers on Buttler - apparently he dropped an easy one today. Off Anderson...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLoNEOo ... tu.be&t=55

didds

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » August 25th, 2020, 1:11 am

didds wrote:
CryptoPlankton wrote:Anyway, the only issue to be decided now is whether Jimmy can get to be the first seamer to reach 600 wickets - judging by the performance of his fielders so far (with the exception of Buttler), his best bet is to bowl at the stumps!

that's the mockers on Buttler - apparently he dropped an easy one today. Off Anderson...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLoNEOo ... tu.be&t=55

didds

Always the way! To be fair, when they slowed it down it showed the edge stopped the ball spinning and it moved a bit freakishly just in front of him. It didn't look great though - unfortunately, we'll never know whether a "better" keeper would have managed to take it.

Still might be a chance for Anderson in the afternoon if the forecast is right.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » August 25th, 2020, 7:54 am

CryptoPlankton wrote:
Anyway, the only issue to be decided now is whether Jimmy can get to be the first seamer to reach 600 wickets - judging by the performance of his fielders so far (with the exception of Buttler), his best bet is to bowl at the stumps!

====================

perhaps worth a note ---

if any of those dropped catches had been taken , the later chances would not have arisen - changing the future ?

:)

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”